S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my "project" S10 running. Radio is showing LOC. Tried the holding 2&3 and also 1&4 presets. Nothing happens when I hold them in. Held them in for over 30 secs with both truck running and not running. Any other ideas?
Thx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2000. I haven't tried the dealer yet cuz I was told they charge between $60 and $80 to unlock it! I guess I should make a call.

·
S10 NOOB
49 Posts
If you don't have the code that was originally programmed into the radio, you'll have to take it to a dealer to get the factory back up code and they have to call into a specific delco number to retrieve the unlock code from the factory back up code you pulled from the radio.

Once they retrieve the unlock code you can have them disable the security feature to keep it from locking up if the battery dies again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unplug the radio from all power for about a half hour, Longer if you can. The theftlock code will be reset after the internal battery drains. If you know the code press the minute or hour buttons to enter it. It is a 3 or 4 digit code min controls last two digits and hour does the first two.

Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts