S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 s10 blazer, installed with an aftermarket radio. one day while i was driving and the radio jsut cut off..well i checked the fuse box, and the fuse was good. i checked the fuse on the head unit and it was blown so i replaced it and still nothing. so i decided to tes tmy original head unit and that didn't even work. so, i know its not my head unit but something within the wiring. If anyone has had or knows how to fix this problem please let me know. Thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,222 Posts
Even if a fuse "looks ok", it still can be blown. Try another fuse in the fuse box.

Did you use stock wiring with aftermarket radio? What aftermarket radio do u have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did use original wiring with my new radio. i just installed my original again and it turn on, but there is no display, nor does the radio work, just static, but the tape deck does work. i even tried to wire the aftermarket radio to the battery with the harness disconnected and twice it poped the fuse on the head unit. So i am assuming there is something internally work with the aftermarket radio, but that still doesn't explain why the original works the way it does.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top