S-10 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Professional Insultant
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 LS s10, when I bought it the 2 and 5 on the pre-set radio stations didn't light up, now the 1 and 3 are also out. I'm assuming there's three lights in there for the 6 buttons and 2 went out, so either a bulb or a fuse? Can I open the radio to change them? Seems like a lot of work, I think my search/scan button is out too, if it's suppose to light up mine doesn't. Damn it, sounds like a lot of work, if I have to do all that work I not going to put stock ones in. it's not to big a deal, but kind of annoying, especially when I do a lot of night time driving. FYI, mine is the lower class radio I think, the one with the push and twist bass and tremble, Delco electronics, not RDS.

And while I'm at it, does anyone have any opinions on how good the stock deck is? I like having the SCV and some of the other features, but how good is the wattage on it? If it's that bad I wont bother trying to fix it and get a new deck someday soon. I plan on getting sony xplod speakers, sub, and amp, is the sock deck pretty cheap and would sound weak/cheap?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts