S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up my body drop right now and am having a little problem with my radiator and coolant. I'll start off with that truck....a 89 blazer with 5" body drop and all that good stuff. To get my radiator to fit I angled into the support to clear my frame horns. My deal right now is I am getting an air bubble up by the thermostat because that is higher then the radiator. What have all you guys done to correct this? I was thinking maybe somehow getting a inline filler up on the hose or something, but maybe there is just something simple I'm missing.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
inline filler is the best way to go...but if you just wanna get it runnin you can hold the top of the radiator up above the thermostat housing, fill the system, and then bolt it into place....kind of a temp fix tho....

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
my thermastat housing has a bleed screw on top of it. the LT motors are know for air bubbles so i take off the housing, fill the block up with coolant, bolt it up, then run it with the bleed screw open til it leaks and everything is fine. maybe you can find a bleeder and tap your housing to do the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts