S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand/type of radiator fluid do you guys recommend for my 99 v6 auto S-10? Also how many gallons does my radiator hold?

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
Dear God....let's not start one of these....

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
mw when i comes to filling radiators, i put in til its full, fill up the radiator to the top then start the engine and wait for the thermostat to open then fill it up again, if its too much it will go out throw the overlow tank

man you gotta love that grammar, and to think i got an english final tonight

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya but I want to use 50% water and 50% coolant so I want to know how many gallons of coolant to buy.

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
well just buy two tanks or whatever, and then you have extra to top off as time passes

·
Registered
498 Posts
Best bet is to use the Prestone Max Life antifreeze that is Dexcool and GM approved. Supposed to be an improved version of the DexCool. Get two gallons and mix the coolant and water in a separate jug, then fill the system. I always have trouble getting the right mix just putting in the antifreeze then adding water and the new coolant is picky about having the correct mix.

·
H-D motorsports
654 Posts
I use the Havoline/Texaco exteneded life anit-freeze in everything, and mix it 50/50 with distilled water.
Use a seperate clean jug and fill it 1/2 way with coolant then top it off with distilled water.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts