S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hat do you all think of radar detectors? Are they worth the money? I was planning on spending at the most $100 on one cause if I spend any more money on it, it better guarantee that I will not get caught by a cop.

What should I look for in a radar detector? Can you guys recommend a good one thanks for your opinion.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I don't beleive in radar detectors, but I live in Canada and they don't work cuz we have cameras in the intersections that take a picture if you go through a yellow light and we have photo radar..if you are speeding, they take you picture and send you a ticket in the mail. Just a way for the Canadian government to milk everyone for $$$:cuss:

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
we got a few cameras in cali but they are gay and didnt work bvery well cause people were fighting the tickets and winning all the time.........radar detectors saved my ass one day....im please with it

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I love my radar detector, i drive a thousand miles a week, and it's saved my ass more then a few times

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
I gotta have one, even if i'm not speeding, it's good to know where the speedtraps are for future reference. i've got a cobra. cost $100, well worth it in my opinon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
DEFINTLY GET ONE!!! if it saves u from 1 ticket, it basically pays for itself....ive gotten out of about 20 tickets with mine and ive had it for lil more than year

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey DropindaS-mini you still selling that radar detector? If so iam interested in it.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
its difinately worth it but u still have to be carefull you have to heed its every warning and they give alot of false alarms....cops on the highway usually wont turn there radar on until its aimed at u and then its to late but i know mine has saved me 3-4 times from cops running moving radar......

D

·
0 Posts
i have a valentine radar i bought from a cop thats a good friend it`s the best i`ve seen b-cause it tells you how many and what direction and it covers all directions , it retails around400 i got it for 200 he hd it in a vette now he has a `68 camaro

·
L0udogzs
5 Posts
get a radar jammer I bought a jammer for 300, well got a jammer that is worth 300 and even they are actually illegal in this stupid state of minnesota.

good deal thought

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
louis21122112 said:
get a radar jammer I bought a jammer for 300, well got a jammer that is worth 300 and even they are actually illegal in this stupid state of minnesota.

good deal thought
they're illegal in all states....it jams the radar by broadcasting which messes with radio signals and is against fcc regulations.....thats why its legal to have a laser jammer but not a radar one.....i heard the kits you can buy dont work until you modify them which i think is told "not to do" in the directions

K

·
0 Posts
hmm..i know cops here in VA....they have something that can detect if you are running a Radar Detector..they will pull you and give you a ticket for simply having the detector in the car...OFF...soo...hmm..i just...you know..take it easy..lol...but..if there was one they could not detect..i would gladly buy it..theni could get on it....and also here in VA...in certain areas they do radar by plane and then relay it to the guys on the ground...and we all know you cannot out run a plane..and i don't know how effective a radar detector...would be for planes with radar...
oh well...guess i will stick to the speed limit

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
ok now i say screw radar detectors i got a ticket last night because the cop was following me at 84 mph and i didn't see him. What a *****. O well the company is still paying for mny ticket. ****in sux

·
Registered
108 Posts
My girlfriend bought me the cobra radar detector for Christmas I think she paid $120 or so and it works great if the cops are sitting in their cars using the wide K band, but if they have the lasers out your screwed. I've drove right past cops lasering outside of their cars and my detector didn't make a noise.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
I have a 9100 series Cobra, and I like it alot, they're nice he in IN, b/c almost no one has Laser, they all have K or Ka band radars....my only thing was that the black casing looked ugly in my truck (sand interior) so I ended up painting it, it's mostly Indigo blue with a metallic silver front, and it looks awesome now...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ya...va has a probann on radar detectors...they're illegal to even have in your window even if your just passing thru va...with it off....the cops in va use vg-2 to detect radar detectors but new radar detectors will tell you if a cop is using it and also cloke your radar detector so it cant be detected....whew....if cops are using radar the way it supposed to be used....point and shoot....by the time your radar detector goes off its to late...but if the cop is running moving radar or just sitting with it on it works great.....

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
If anyone is looking for a new Radar I have over 13 Cobra Radars in stock ranging in price from $60 - $280..all have the 360 degree protection and have the VG-2 all 9 bands some with early warnings to road wrk and emergencies...

[email protected] for more info

1 - 20 of 20 Posts