S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you think a slightly modded 94 2.2 auto would fair up against a ford ranger 4 banger?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
You'll probably take em, when you're dealing with engines this small and autos...its gonna be friendly anyways, just race em and get it done....you'll probably win anyways

Caleb

·
Registered
217 Posts
wanna know how to beat this guy real cheap ...simple stuff
1) take about 10 lbs of air out of each rear tire and make your front tires sit at about 40 lbs of air pressure

2) remove tailgate

3) stock intake?? remove the front cover of the air cleaner it self fully exposing the air filter zip-tie the air filter to the housing this will allow for more air flow instead of through that small ass hole in the radiator support

that will give u a bit of an advanatage

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
I whooped my friends ass in his '98 2.5L Ranger and all I had at the time was an Intimidator intake. I have exhaust now though, so i can really rape him now.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what kind of exhaust do you have? im looking to replace mine. i dont want to lose horses though, someone told me with some you will lose horsepower.

·
53 Posts
Well, when i went to my cousins muffler shop to get a Flowmaster put on, he couldn't get one with the right size in/outlets form anywhere locally, so he just put a cheap one on called Mellotone. It doesn't sound as good as a Flowmaster. I had a Flowmaster 50 Series on my old '97 2.2. It sounded good. There wasn't a noticable power increase, but I didn't notice a decrease either.

·
Registered
389 Posts
danteisme said:
what kind of exhaust do you have? im looking to replace mine. i dont want to lose horses though, someone told me with some you will lose horsepower.
Check this out I got great torque and horsepower on my 2.2 when I put a stainless muffler off of a 91 Dodge Ram 5.9 360 I love it got good tone not too loud. but it sounds faster than hell. :scary:

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
you'll prolly take him easy, 2.2s can usually hang with my 2.8, i always beat em though and i toasted a 4 banger ranger so u should be fine

·
53 Posts
I whooped a '94 4.3 last night, Twice. I think he just really sucks at driving too though, so that helped me out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
One of my friends has a 96' ford ranger with a 3.0 V6 in it. I raced him and i whooped him pretty bad. His ranger is also stick. This just shows what the 2.2 chevy can do.:thumbup:

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
I just toasted a 4.0 Ranger last night. I'm also running my air filter off my CR125 dirtbike, huge improvement

B

·
0 Posts
come on now justin quit talking crap JK. why do you have jlaudio in your name did u buy some subs or something

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
my initials are JL and that is what alot of people call me "JL Audio"
and yes i've had some jl 10's for awhile now. You know i toasted him you were right there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts