S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be racing a Toyota Corolla with a vvti engine, the person i'm racing says his car has 150hp, and that 4 cylinder engines are quicker then V6's, when i race him do you think i will win?

(i think i will, since its a crappy 4, but i really like the WRX thank god for the Turbo chargerd boxer(i don't hate all 4's apparently))

·
Big Red Fire
52 Posts
well.....the s10 or sonoma you have is perty fast but i dunno 150 hp for a 1500 lb car as opposed to a 3000 lb brick. the stock s10 or sonoma only has about 190 hp so it might be close, however you do have 230 torque o well just race and find out

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
You'll win, no problem. Except for the high-output (180 hp) 1.8 in the Celica GT-S...Toyotas aren't fast, and even the GT-S still isn't. They have absolutely no power until they hit 3500 rpms, by the time he gets in his powerband you'll have already won the race. What year is the Corolla and is it a 5-speed?

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
Corollas don't weigh 1500 lbs....more like 2500 or 2600...at least the newer ones do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
limiters suck

can you tell me anything about replacing a limiter on a 2000 S-10 LS cus it kinda sucks, topping out at 100mph

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
if it's an automatic, you'll kill him. My fiance had a 2000 Celica GT with the 140 hp 1.8, automatic, and it was slow as crap.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
ScuderiaFerrari said:
the corolla i'm racing has an automatic
:ggay: ughhhhh, a torqueless 4 with an automatic...that guy has no room to talk smack! You'll put about 5 lengths on him from the start, just watch your wheelspin

corolla --> :shoot: <-- You

·
Registered
183 Posts
Xtreme03 said:
You'll win, no problem. Except for the high-output (180 hp) 1.8 in the Celica GT-S...Toyotas aren't fast, and even the GT-S still isn't. They have absolutely no power until they hit 3500 rpms, by the time he gets in his powerband you'll have already won the race. What year is the Corolla and is it a 5-speed?
i've raced my friends gts with the action package (totaly rice), me not using nitrous he would always get me by about a car and 1/2, they run a 15.7 stock i belive.

·
Tire = Smoke
724 Posts
I honestly have never had a problem with the celica gts. My friend has one and everytime we meet at a light I dust him. Its a ritual at this point. His brother has an even slower eclipse. Nothing to be scared of...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts