S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, a Viper R/T.... hehe he didn't know what was coming... We were at the light and I was booming out with my stereo, I happend to glance over since the Viper is a nice ride and all, and he revved at me, I was like sure buddy, and asked him how much you spent on that thing? He replied too much for you can afford... That did it! Acitivited my nitrous, waited for the light to turn, both of us spun thru first and second, I finally got some grip and I was gone! Got him hardcore by 4 car lenghts.. it was great! Should of seen the face on this guy! It was priceless...

The Viper guys face --->:eek:

Me---->:D

·
Registered
279 Posts
RIGHT ON

There's nothing I hate more than snobby *******s who think their shi*t don't stink. Way to stick it to him!:D

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
He replied too much for you can afford
Sounds like he was on a fast & furious trip lol:drow: :werd: :stickpoke :rock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
You guys really crack me up. If you want to race, buy a racecar. If you want to go truckin, go buy a truck. I suspect that many of these "kill stories" are true, but the other driver didn't know about the race. Just because the light turns green does not mean that a race has begun.

I came to this forum to learn things about my truck, and there is some good info on this site. But, the kill stories are truly funny. "I beat a Vette", "I beat a Viper".......

If you were bragging about beating a yugo, I would believe that, but also question why you would brag about it. Vettes, Vipers and those type cars do not get beat by little Chevy pickups. Perhaps in the zero to 30 mph leg, but I doubt that you can keep up with the muscle cars at the top end of the spectrum.

I am not badmouthing S-10's. I really like mine. Love the styling. And they 4WD pretty nice for a small truck, but let's keep things in perspective.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Twinjet21 said:
You guys really crack me up. If you want to race, buy a racecar. If you want to go truckin, go buy a truck. I suspect that many of these "kill stories" are true, but the other driver didn't know about the race. Just because the light turns green does not mean that a race has begun.

I came to this forum to learn things about my truck, and there is some good info on this site. But, the kill stories are truly funny. "I beat a Vette", "I beat a Viper".......

If you were bragging about beating a yugo, I would believe that, but also question why you would brag about it. Vettes, Vipers and those type cars do not get beat by little Chevy pickups. Perhaps in the zero to 30 mph leg, but I doubt that you can keep up with the muscle cars at the top end of the spectrum.

I am not badmouthing S-10's. I really like mine. Love the styling. And they 4WD pretty nice for a small truck, but let's keep things in perspective.

hmmmm... maybe, just maybe some of us like having a sleeper... and maybe, just maybe some of us like the fact that we don't have rice rockets, and some of us had a truck for the first vehicle. However, I will give you the fact that few s10s are made so that they can do over 140MPH... the Z06 corvette does over 170... don't know about the normal Vettes... then again if I hit the lotto tonight (prolly over 200 mil) my truck (as well as Luni and ZQ8s) will beat my dads vette. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot the point about the fact that our first vehicle was a truck. A lot of people who had a truck as a first vehicle fall in love with trucks... as a matter of fact, some people that get a truck down the line fall for them too, unless they are a Ranger.... LMAO j/k

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2nd, 3rd and 4th vehicles were trucks. I love trucks and probably will always own a truck. BUT if I was into racing I would buy a car. Yes, it is possible to make anything go fast if you put power under the hood, but it sounds like a lot of kids telling GI Joe stories when they brag about their trucks beating sportscars. Go to Turbodieselregister.com and take a look at their posts. Nobody bragging about beating a gremlin, citation, yugo, vette,..... you get the idea. People genuinely looking for information about their trucks. I remember when people were putting V-8's in Vega's. Yes they were fast, but would you own one? It sounds like a bunch of kids arguing on this site.

·
Registered
473 Posts
beat a viper

Hey Twin, its cool that you are not into racing your truck. Whatever works for ya. There are some of us out there that are doing this though. Its not a bunch of kids playing, there are some serious people on here that are doing this. You may not think much about it but you should look at some of the peoples trucks that are racing. Just because someone went out and spent $60k on a car doesnt mean it cant be beat, anything can happen on any given day. His truck is not just another S10 it has some serious work done. Anyways, Im not rippin on ya but if you dont like the stories dont look at them. Just remember that there are some of us that are interested in these "GI Joe stories". Lata.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
to twinjet.

Dude. do read some of our posts.do you read what some of these trucks have?. Read a post about a celica gt and you'll see theres another guy out there with the same mentality as. trucks arent for racin?. If I want to race buy a racecar?. You came for info. hope you got some. If you dont race your truck thats fine. Yes there are some made up imaginary kills. But that one is possible. Read what his truck has......HOPE THIS HELPS:wtf:

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
well looking @ the pix of your truck, i see that you have a gtech, and well if you raced this viper what was your time, that is if you were using it... just curious. :D:D :D :D :D :D

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
yeah he just happened to reach over and turn the G-tech on. Or perhaps he's so performance crazy he leaves it on all the time. Come on guys, at least he's got the ballls behind his truck to make this one possibly believable. How come no one doubts the guys with a set of pulleys and an HPP3 that they smoked new mustangs....Yeah ok to that......Based on his motor alone with power to weight it's possible....

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
G-tech? Thats my radar detector not a G-tech... My truck runs mid 10's with slicks in the 1/4 and high 11's with my street tires.... Vipers run mid 12's in the 1/4.... hmmm....

My truck all motor cranks at the wheels 437hp... Plus I run a 150shot nitrous kit on top of it... Damn thing is quick!

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Twinjet21 said:
My 2nd, 3rd and 4th vehicles were trucks. I love trucks and probably will always own a truck. BUT if I was into racing I would buy a car. Yes, it is possible to make anything go fast if you put power under the hood, but it sounds like a lot of kids telling GI Joe stories when they brag about their trucks beating sportscars. Go to Turbodieselregister.com and take a look at their posts. Nobody bragging about beating a gremlin, citation, yugo, vette,..... you get the idea. People genuinely looking for information about their trucks. I remember when people were putting V-8's in Vega's. Yes they were fast, but would you own one? It sounds like a bunch of kids arguing on this site.
GI Joe storeis? If ya don't like what ya read... don't post on this site... simple as that! Another thing, whats wrong of having a quick truck? Never seen drag trucks before? And we are better off getting a sportscar than modifying a truck? You absolutely have no creativity do you?

Why would you want to buy a sportcars that really are not that quick and would take considerly more money to modify to make it go faster than get your everyday car or truck and make it into a monster at the fraction of the cost? I would prefer an oddity than normal....

·
Registered
211 Posts
VetteS10... I am in love with your truck... I am curious though, how much did it cost for the LT1 and the what hot shot kit, I can't remember the name, installed?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey, I just thought of another name you could go by... LS10 lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
zonk1024 said:
VetteS10... I am in love with your truck... I am curious though, how much did it cost for the LT1 and the what hot shot kit, I can't remember the name, installed?

Dodge Ramit... you have the LS1 right???

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.