S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is wrong forum just wanted to mention it to the v6 owners though he got me off the line but by 60 i caught and pulled on him remember now i have 308 one legger he had a 3.90 posi the guy was shocked of his a$$

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
I know this is wrong forum just wanted to mention it to the v6 owners though he got me off the line but by 60 i caught and pulled on him remember now i have 308 one legger he had a 3.90 posi the guy was shocked of his a$$

sweet ass dude!:thumbup: mark one for the S boys!:thumbup: :evilg:

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought he was gunna cry when i told him about the 3.08s:scary:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Um, Im gonna hafta all BS on this one. R/T's run low 14's. No chance, I bet he wasnt racing.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
JOHN said:
Um, Im gonna hafta all BS on this one. R/T's run low 14's. No chance, I bet he wasnt racing.
what...no way...R/T's are slow...I whooped one when the X was stock...I remember the guy talkin **** on my x...saying it was slow then he got his RT and I beat him by about 1/2 car and he will not to this day race me again nor another s10...LOL...mark another one for US..them 0

low 14's..your smokin something...new ford lighting run a 13.90 stock...

·
Registered
224 Posts
what???

man, I dont know whatyouve beeneading, but those Dakotas DONT run 14's!!! not stock anyways!!!! If you saw some guy run that ad he told you it was stock, he is bullsh-tting you!! Where the hell are you getting that number?? Im not a Hardcore Chevy freak either-just a realist!!!! No offense to anyone that has one, but for being what they are(a somewhat light, v-8 powered vehicle) thy are turds!!! A new siveradowill dust one with the 5.3, I am just wondering who told you they would run 14's. Not in this century-not stock anyways!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
oh yeah-

they dont run 15's either, my buddy has one-an experienced drag racer-and he constantly *****es abou the fact it will ONLY run 16.1-and he is lightning quick off the line!!! Do you own oneof these or something???? They are heaps of ****!!!!(for wht they are)

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
I wanna race one, but it seems like old grandpa's drive'em at least around here! LOL! They look like a smashed ram :bash:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Re: oh yeah-

ARCdidit said:
they dont run 15's either, my buddy has one-an experienced drag racer-and he constantly *****es abou the fact it will ONLY run 16.1-and he is lightning quick off the line!!! Do you own oneof these or something???? They are heaps of ****!!!!(for wht they are)
A buddy of mine has a 99. He ONLY has a Mopar cold air induction, and a muffler slid in place of the stock one and he is running 14.8's. I cant get time slips if you want them. And this was done at Milan dragway. Im not trying to argue with you, cause for that big of an engine he should easily be low 14's stock, just tryin to get things straight.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i didnt make the post to make anyone mad or to impress anyone and there was no lies in my post i have 2 other people to confirm this which were sittin at the hooter across the street watchin

·
Registered
224 Posts
I believe you!!

They definately are not fast, especially for what they are. My 96' ss would eat a stock one all day long.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i talked to a guy a while back that had a 01r/t with a super charger, headers, catback, and a bigger throttle body and he was only runnin 14.1s u put all that on a 4.3 s10 and ur talk high 13s that with a posi and just think if the s10 had a 390 a$$ gear like the r/t that would put a camaro ss to sleep like a baby that drank 1/4 bottle of liquor:evilg:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
i talked to a guy a while back that had a 01r/t with a super charger, headers, catback, and a bigger throttle body and he was only runnin 14.1s u put all that on a 4.3 s10 and ur talk high 13s that with a posi and just think if the s10 had a 390 a$$ gear like the r/t that would put a camaro ss to sleep like a baby that drank 1/4 bottle of liquor:evilg:
This is a ricer comment right here. Saying, "if i had this stuff done to my truck..."

Wanna know what. I was 20 seconds away from trading in my Xtreme for a Dakota R/T. When the dealer took it out, I told him to race me from a light... we did. I KNOW I was flooring it, I got perfect traction, I got the lead out of the hole, but at about 45 that thing pulled. We went to about 90 and he was way up front. The reason I didnt buy the truck was because when I took it out for a 10 mile test drive, when I came back, it showed id get 8.7 miles per gallon! Hell with that crap!

Now, I know my truck is fast, its a low 15 truck. Thats how my truck was layed out when I raced the 00 R/T. The truck was way faster. Anything that has 65 more HP, and 100 more TQ is gonna eat you alive, since it weights 380 pounds more.

Now, going back to your story, you have an extended cab, and that was a regular cab, you are damn close to the same weight. The one I raced was a regular cab like my truck. I have no reason to lie either, I'm just pointing out the fact that those trucks are faster. Think what you want.

If you think that truck is slow, then our trucks are even slower. There is no way in hell that R/T will be slower than a stock Xtreme, or any S10. Id like to see you take this topic over to the Dakota R/T board. They would tear you into shreads. LOL.

John

·
32,797 Posts
JOHN said:

Id like to see you take this topic over to the Dakota R/T board. They would tear you into shreads. LOL.

John
This topic was at the R/T forum. They didn't tear any one into sheads. It seems like they were trying hard to defend there trucks against the S-trucks too. There was even a big deal on the other S forum on the same subject. Mostly it was each group bashing the other:(

I have driven a new R/T and was very un-impressed with it, especially with all the hype about it and the trash talk from the owners. Its too slow in my opinion.

I've raced one with my Silverado and beat it, several times. Me and the R/T guy (co-worker) had a little feud going on. He was a sh!t talker like most R/T guys. And he actually lost to another guys 80's era fullsize worktruck(with a built 350) that was tired of hearing his "my R/T smokes all trucks" comments.

I have yet to race one with the Blazer, but I'm sure I can give it a good run for its money.

BTW-its not always the most powerful vehicle that wins, its the more powerful driver. Especially when street racing.

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
96blazer said:

This topic was at the R/T forum. They didn't tear any one into sheads. It seems like they were trying hard to defend there trucks against the S-trucks too. There was even a big deal on the other S forum on the same subject. Mostly it was each group bashing the other:(

I have driven a new R/T and was very un-impressed with it, especially with all the hype about it and the trash talk from the owners. Its too slow in my opinion.

I've raced one with my Silverado and beat it, several times. Me and the R/T guy (co-worker) had a little feud going on. He was a sh!t talker like most R/T guys. And he actually lost to another guys 80's era fullsize worktruck(with a built 350) that was tired of hearing his "my R/T smokes all trucks" comments.

I have yet to race one with the Blazer, but I'm sure I can give it a good run for its money.

BTW-its not always the most powerful vehicle that wins, its the more powerful driver. Especially when street racing.
Well said. Im saying that arent impressive, but they are faster than S10's. And, your 350 Silverado should beat R/T's if its a GM one.

Im just saying this thread is a bunch of BS. They arent impressive, but they are sweet.

I just cant wait for the 2003 Dakota R/T. Its going to be a 333CI engine (i believe 5.3 or 5.4ish engine). 333HP, and 333TQ. I thinks is cool as hell they got the HP and TQ to match exactly to what the CI is on the motor. That will be one ASS KICKIN' TRUCK!

John

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
JOHN said:

This is a ricer comment right here. Saying, "if i had this stuff done to my truck..."
What are you talking about?:confused: In Fast98SS350's defense, that isn't just a ridiculous shot-in-the-dark estimate like you obviously think. He probably said that cause "most" of us here know guys or have heard of guys that have matched bolt ons with R/T's in s10's and smoke 'em :uhoh: . Ignoring the driver, even if it has more HP and TQ that doesn't make it faster. That sounds like a ricer's guesstimate based on so-called "facts" that mean nothing in the real world. I think they are slower, but that's me! :p

Just like how a 2000 Mustang GT is faster than my basically stock s-10 right,wrong. LOL! :evilg:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.