S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions on a good flowing but quiet exhaust? I want a lil more HP but i don't want my truck sounding completely annoying .

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Im looking for the same thing

im looking for the same thing, with the research that i have done looks like im gonna get a dynomax super turbo muffler. they are supose to be pretty quiet and maybe get a pony or two in the process.

scott

B

·
0 Posts
i went to the local auto parts store and picked up a raptor muffler for 15 bucks, i know it sounds cheap and well....it was... but i'm totally happy with it, it just gave it a slightly deeper rumble that kinda filters out at higher rpms....i was just looking for something so that you could hear it when i downshift, because the intake i have sounds pretty mean when i floor it. but yeah, the raptor muffler sounds awesome, its not too much at all.....howver if you have to have something a little more well known, the dynomax super turbo is also what i would reccomend, its basically the same deal, sounds a little louder but filters out at higher rpms i had one on my old civic, it was the perfect balance

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey hey hey man you don't have to tell me that sounds cheap. I'm all about cheap. I don't think i've paid much of anything for all of my mods. I build it myself. Thanx for the input though.:thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No no pics yet but i'm tryin to get a page up with pics,and movies of my truck and what it's capable of. I'll try to get them up ASAP. Weasel and i were discussing that last weekend.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
The Gibson cat-back is fairly quite and deepens the tone...but do you really wanna pay for a whole cat back?

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
Quiet Exhaust

I'd recomend a 50 or 60 series flowmaster. They're not too loud and flow well. I have a 40 series flowmaster, and I love it! Probably a little louder then what you are looking for. Just remember, the higher the series #, the quieter the muffler. I think a 70 series is basicly the same as stock. I'd go with either a 50 or 60 series, if you want to keep it fairly quiet. Later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts