S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what's the max psi allow to flow through the newer 1/2" SMC water traps?

and what's the max psi the check valves on my 450's will hold?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The water trap should say right on it what the max pressure is. I'm guessing 150PSI

I don't think the check valve has a max pressure.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im pretty sure check valves do have a reconmended max psi.

i just bought a 1200psi check valve, the next one lower than that was only 200psi.

150psi? hmm it might be a bit more than that since i run 175 daily, thanks for the reply though anyone else?

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
03 S10 eXtreme said:
im pretty sure check valves do have a reconmended max psi.

i just bought a 1200psi check valve, the next one lower than that was only 200psi.

150psi? hmm it might be a bit more than that since i run 175 daily, thanks for the reply though anyone else?

the water trap may say max. pressure 150 psi. this doesn't mean that you don't run 175 psi through it every day of your life with no problems, it just means that this is the recommended max psi. the pressure that would be required to break the water trap is probably much much higher than that.

just like with the air tanks, most say 150 psi max pressure. but you could put 600 psi or more through it until it burst probably.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh the whole x3 factor thing? hmm
that would be cool..

hows about the 450 check vavles?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
So did you even bother look at the water trap? I'm pretty sure it's rated to 150 PSI.

The check valve I wouldn't worry about.

·
Registered
917 Posts
All that crap has a safety multiplyer of 4, I would NOT however recommend going anywhere near those numbers, after all most traps are glass bowls. It is not uncommon for companies to put max psi at 150 for insurance reasons even though they will easily hold more pressure. Its pretty much a crank it up at your own risk type of thing. I personally would go to 200 without thinking about it, but the decision is up to you in the end.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah ok, 250 is about the most i'd let loose in my system, the reason i ask this is because all i need to run my nitro is brackets to hold the tank, i didn't know if i needed a check valve to put on the water trap if anything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
s10nospeed said:
All that crap has a safety multiplyer of 4, I would NOT however recommend going anywhere near those numbers, after all most traps are glass bowls. It is not uncommon for companies to put max psi at 150 for insurance reasons even though they will easily hold more pressure. Its pretty much a crank it up at your own risk type of thing. I personally would go to 200 without thinking about it, but the decision is up to you in the end.
The New Water traps from SD have a Metal Bowl so they are catalog rated at 150psi. But The safety factor is between 4 and 8 dependent on the actual model. 200-225 psi should be fine with a metal bowl.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i think the whole thing is metal besides the clear parts, thanks sir

1 - 10 of 10 Posts