S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I need more cow bell!!!
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 S-10. I have the typhoon turbo and manifolds. I do not want to run the factory water to air intercooler, I want to run air-air. Since the turbo inlet faces up to go to the water to air on top of the intake, can i rotate the front of the turbo to face it down to run the air-air.

·
yes, that is a v6
2,628 Posts
yes. if you look at were the compressor housing attaches to the center section you will see a ring. loosen it to rotate the compressor housing. do not rotate it at the turbine housing. doing so will change were the oil feed and return lines enter the center section, which could be bad

on a side note, i only had to clock mine about 45 degrees to get it to fit my intercooler where the inlet is near the top of the radiator. i will have pictures of my intercooler piping on friday. it would be real tough to run the tubing clocking it 180. 90 counter clockwise would require trimming the inner fenders on my truck

·
I need more cow bell!!!
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s10ls said:
yes. if you look at were the compressor housing attaches to the center section you will see a ring. loosen it to rotate the compressor housing. do not rotate it at the turbine housing. doing so will change were the oil feed and return lines enter the center section, which could be bad

on a side note, i only had to clock mine about 45 degrees to get it to fit my intercooler where the inlet is near the top of the radiator. i will have pictures of my intercooler piping on friday. it would be real tough to run the tubing clocking it 180. 90 counter clockwise would require trimming the inner fenders on my truck

I tried that today and it worked, i have angled just where i need it. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts