S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 28-spline 3 series GM limited slip carrier and 4.10 gear designed for the 7.5 rearend work on the truck in my sig? My truck came with open 3.42s and Im not sure if its a 7.625 or 7.5, anyone know if it will work? Need to know ASAP thanks

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know? Does it matter what spline carrier it is or will it fit nomatter?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! I see you've been doing your homework on all this driveline stuff trying to get ahead on the SFA swap. Whos doing the swap for you? Cant wait to see the finished product.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
7.5 and 7.625 rearends all use the same parts, a 3 series carrier is what you need, so the only thing to worry about is the spline count. Looking at the powertrax website, 1988-1995 4wd V6 s10/sonoma's have 28 spline axles in the rear, so you should be all set. For reference, the front axles are 26 spline.

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
yup. I am doing the swap myself...just gathering parts right now and as always learning more everyday. i might swap out my rear for a ford 8.8 it just depends if i can find one for a decent price. btw i probably wont start doing the swap until early summer. if you change to 4.10's are you gonna try to regear the front IFS chunk yourself or have a shop do it?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does it matter if the 4.10s came from a 26 or 28 spline carrier or are they all the same?

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
im pretty sure the gears for the 7.5 26 spl. and the 7.62 28 spl. are the same, the only thing different is the spider gears in the carrier and the axles...so it should work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts