S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
bitch pleaze
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will be starting my body drop on my 94 sonoma soon and i just need to know how much inches it is to drag door. thanks

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
quick tip...forget about inches....just cut off your rocker, tack two beams across the bottom of your frame, and cut the floor.....bodydrop it to where you want it, then measure it..not the other way around....just my .02 cents....

·
bitch pleaze
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man that does make alot of sense since it would be a bitch to go through all that ork and not have it where you want it.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
But it does make it easier if you cut out the estimated body drop amount out of the firewall, doesnt it? Just dont cut too much....

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
thanks man that does make alot of sense since it would be a bitch to go through all that ork and not have it where you want it.
Yea, makes the front end a little more difficult, but imo its beter to have it to where you want it and have to line things up than be able to drop everything a set amount of inches and not....jon

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
But it does make it easier if you cut out the estimated body drop amount out of the firewall, doesnt it? Just dont cut too much....
who ever said that you need to make the top and the bottom cut at the same time? Make the bottom cut, drop the cab, then mark and cut the top section...done

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
The way the firewall comes back together it really doesnt matter how much you cut out of it because your going to have to angle the filler plates, the back cab is the only place I can see where measurements are important. I just cut about an inch from the bottom and cut the desired amount of metal out and then dropped the cab down past the 1" area, and then pop rivetted and self tapped the lip to it, and then I just welded it together.

The one thing I cant understand is I marked everything 3.5" and I even measured the cut out pieces which were all 3.5" and I ended up with like a 3.75" or 4" body drop, the step filler plates ended up being 4" angled. Goes to show you that measurements dont mean everything....

·
down to earth
326 Posts
5" to the door

·
down to earth
326 Posts

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
what are the two beems on the frame for? are they running perpendicular to the frame? just to space the frame?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
they are there so when you cut the floor free, you let the body down on top of the two beams. that way the body is level and straight all around, big help when doin a bodydrop..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts