S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my valves mounted on the front fenderwells. what would be the easies way to run the airline. like what fitting do u think ill need off the top of the bag an elbow, because i have jasons cups with hole in the side to run the airline through, or should i run i straight up through a hole or sumthin ???? sorry guess it wasnt a quick question

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
Mine ran straight out of the top of my cup through the old shock hole. My valves are mounted in the same place, and I haven't had any problem with this setup, so good luck!
Chris

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
ide run a 90 degree... since you have the new cups...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
If they're already mounted on the wheel well, just make a new whole behind the shock tower hole, and run the line up from there. Use an elbow fitting from the output of the tee to go to the bag.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also im having trouble cutting the airline perfectly straight, so it will fit onto the compression fitting perfectly, how did u guys cut it perfectly staright, im using these crappy ass half moon cutters and they suck, do they make an airline cutting tool that i can get soemwherre, cuz all my leaks are where the airline goes onto the fitting, pleeeeez help its pssssssssssssssssssssssssssing me offffffffffffffff....lol

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o yah i havent been putting any pipe dope stuff on the fittings where the airline goes onto the compression male thingy, is that right????

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Use a sharp box cutter to make a straight cut, or go to home depot and pick up an airline cutter. I know they sell 'em, just don't know where in the store. ART's website has a pic of one.

Pipe dope only goes on NPT threads, not compression threads, so you are doing it right. Also, on compression fittings, the cut does not have to be perfectly straight. Just as close as you can get it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts