S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I just got my first s10 today. I was wondering a cheap way to get my s10 to a respectably height for the time being while I save up for my things to bag it. I would like to use something that I will still use when I bag it so I dont waste money if at all possible. I am a high school student and strapped for cash. If anyone has any used parts in good shape I would be willing to buy those too.

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
free way to drop 3/4

up front take out the coils and on the drivers side cut1 and lil under 1/2 of the coil. pass side cut 1 1/2 coils off

for the rear take all ur leafs and flip them over the main leaf and use a big C clamp to colaps them and put the tie bolt back thru for a 4 inch free drop in the rear

heres my free drop

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Cool. When I bag the truck will I still be able to use any of these parts? Sorry I dont know too much about bagging the front of a truck. Is there still coils when the front is bagged? If not, then this is happening this weekend. What did you use to cut the springs? (Sawzall?). I know cut coils are bad but hey Ill be bagging the truck soon enough.

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
i used a chop saw its only bad it u heat them no u dont need the coils when u bag the truck the bags go in place of the coils

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
heres a pic of my leafs make sure u cut the bump stops off or get someone else to do it thats just the over load but u can use them all and not have to use the traction bars

Attachments

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
DO NOT flip your leafs to drop your truck. they are made with that curve for a reason and you will regret doing that.
You wanna go with a cheap drop?
look in the for sale forum and buy some belltech 3" coils. I paid $50 for mine shipped and a set of new blocks from summit will cost you $37 shipped. Not too expensive to drop your truck and still be safe when you drive it. DO NOT FLIP YOUR LEAFS!

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
white99z said:
OK.............I emailed a guy in the for sale about some 2" JDM drop coils...how are they?
Belltech and DJM are basically same in quality.
get you a set of spindles (if you can afford them) and you will have a nice riding 4" drop. Later when you go to bag it you will re-use the spindles and you can re-sell the coils.

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
anotherblacks10 said:
DO NOT flip your leafs to drop your truck. they are made with that curve for a reason and you will regret doing that.
You wanna go with a cheap drop?
look in the for sale forum and buy some belltech 3" coils. I paid $50 for mine shipped and a set of new blocks from summit will cost you $37 shipped. Not too expensive to drop your truck and still be safe when you drive it. DO NOT FLIP YOUR LEAFS!
then why the hell do people dearch ther leafs if they have that curve for a reason the been like that for over 2 years now no prob at all

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
4Bangn S10 said:
then why the hell do people dearch ther leafs if they have that curve for a reason the been like that for over 2 years now no prob at all

De-arching is different than flipping the leafs.
If you de-arch a set of leafs they still have some curve or resistance for when you hit a bump you have some kind of travel.
If you flip the pack it will drop you but at the cost of your ride quality.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
4Bangn S10 said:
the shit is stiff as hell and handles damn good so lay off that shit man
First off chill out dude, no need to get your panties in a bunch just cause someone here doesn't agree with your lowering methods.

I'm giving someone advice on what NOT to do to their vehicle so the leafs don't snap in half and end up getting killed. Flipping the leaf pack works for you? FINE let's leave it at that. I'm recommending a lowering block so it can be cheap and effective and he won't have to worry about safety issues. With the block you don't have to use drop shocks and i'm sure if you flip the leafs you have to which means more money needed for shocks. Just trying to save the dude some money here as well as his life so please keep the assenine comments to yourself unless you're gonna help out.

Thank you.

·
tight ass S10
399 Posts
no panties a thong lol im sorry for get so mad lastnight but i hate it when people tell me my shit is getto lol all the same im just as low as them and alot more money in my pocket

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Flipping leaves is a bad, bad thing. Springs are designed to work one way, compression. By flipping them you suddendly changed the direction of the compression, which means it's the same as using them in tension if they were in the original configuration. What's this mean? You increase the chance of fatigue failure by about 1000 times. So when your main leaf busts in half at the front edge of the second leaf, don't come asking why or crying about it. Give it time, it WILL happen. I'm surprised you have gotten 2 years out of them. You must not drive it often and must live in an area with some smooth roads. I wouldn't give that setup 1 month around here without breaking.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
4Bangn S10 said:
no panties a thong lol im sorry for get so mad lastnight but i hate it when people tell me my shit is getto lol all the same im just as low as them and alot more money in my pocket
I wasn't saying your setup is ghetto bro, i was just saying that flippin the leaf pack can be dangerous. All i'm saying is that you can achieve the same drop with 4" blocks that will only cost you $37 than to take your chance and have the leafs bust on you and then you have to replace the entire rear-end, driveshaft and god knows what else.
Drive safely and be careful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts