S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Randall "Memphis" Raines
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine has a set of 4 piston Brembos off a 2017 camaro that are straight up brand new. might have 1000 miles on them that he will basically give me.

Any chance in hell they fit up to the front of my 2003 sonoma 2wd? if i got the right backing plates? He has Lines, calipers, rotors, pads and all the hardware. The car they were taken off of got the 6 piston calipers and new rotors and everything.

Secondary question although im sure i know the answer, if they can work, what is the chance these will fit behind my 16s? lol

I appreciate any info.

·
Administrator
21,471 Posts
No to the first question...without some mods to the spindles...not likely with 16's...just guessing there tho.

·
Randall "Memphis" Raines
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean mods like in the corvette writeup? I have the belltech 2in drop spindles

I doubt the 16s would work either, but i am planning for 18s in the future, so i could get these and sit on them a little while.

·
Administrator
21,471 Posts
The ears on the spindles have to be cut off and an adapter fabbed. I don't know how different the calipers you have are from the Camaro calipers I used.

·
Randall "Memphis" Raines
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm, that seems a little more major than just using corvette brakes and making the minor mods listed in the writeup. Perhaps I will pass on these brakes then.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Grab those brakes ! Those calipers are the same as the ctsv caliper except it's got a 14mm mounting bolt, the ctsv has a 12mm mounting bolt, same as the Ls stuff.

It's no more work than the swap in the sticky, u need a bracket, tap the spindle, etc.

It could fit behind your 18's, depends on offset and style of spokes really. As I stated in the sticky, my Ls swap fit my wheels perfect, but when I switched to the 14" rotors with the brembos, I needed a spacer.

·
Randall "Memphis" Raines
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grab those brakes ! Those calipers are the same as the ctsv caliper except it's got a 14mm mounting bolt, the ctsv has a 12mm mounting bolt, same as the Ls stuff.

It's no more work than the swap in the sticky, u need a bracket, tap the spindle, etc.

It could fit behind your 18's, depends on offset and style of spokes really. As I stated in the sticky, my Ls swap fit my wheels perfect, but when I switched to the 14" rotors with the brembos, I needed a spacer.
These arent the specific ones he has but a picture of what they are from google just to be sure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts