S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,225 Posts
id suggest replacing them 1stg because thats a spot you need to weld to...

·
S - I - C
4,066 Posts
I would think you could pretty much do it at the same time since you have to cut the floor out to BD it. Just cut it out for the BD like normal, patch the holes or replace that part of the floor whatever you were planning on doing, then weld the floor back together after you've dropped the cab, like normal.

·
On tha grind
3,060 Posts
On the drivers side get a new floorpan in there... super easy to do. I'd suggest supporting the cab, cutting the old floor out but leave a 1/2" of it uncut every 8" or so. lay the new floor in (don't use the whole pan... Pro-Body pans arent the greatest at the trans tunnel/ seat hump) tack the new pan in, then cut the rest of those 1/2" peices off. Fully weld and your done. (Don't bother welding it in front of the doorjamb if your just gunna cut it off anyways)

Pass. side I wouldn't worry about a new floor by the looks of it. Some 16g will do just fine.

Note: Don't butt weld floorpans. Leave a little overlap and fully weld/seamseal either side.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snafu Pimp said:
On the drivers side get a new floorpan in there... super easy to do. I'd suggest supporting the cab, cutting the old floor out but leave a 1/2" of it uncut every 8" or so. lay the new floor in (don't use the whole pan... Pro-Body pans arent the greatest at the trans tunnel/ seat hump) tack the new pan in, then cut the rest of those 1/2" peices off. Fully weld and your done. (Don't bother welding it in front of the doorjamb if your just gunna cut it off anyways)

Pass. side I wouldn't worry about a new floor by the looks of it. Some 16g will do just fine.

Note: Don't butt weld floorpans. Leave a little overlap and fully weld/seamseal either side.
<3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts