S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i went away for college and left my truck with my parents. I told them to start it like everyday so it won't sit. Well somehow my dad drained the battery and so hecharged it. Well he connected it back up, but forgot to greound it, and tried to start it, it turned over and stuff, but wouldn't start. Well then he grounded it and now my truck wont' start at all. I came home this weekend to work onit. I tested the distrib, it has a 12 volt sure gettin to it, but when i try to startit, the motor just turns over but wont' crank. It sounds like its not gettin power. I need help and suggestiions quick. Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Check to see if you are getting spark to the plugs...
Check for moisture in the dist. cap.
Check for fuel to the carb

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems like there is no spark gettin to the plugs. We did just go through a hurricane. And the carb is gettin fuel, pluntyof it, i even pour some it there. It just acting liek its gettin no spark. I took apart the distrib, not really any moister, i am gonna try and replace the coil.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the coil didn't work, so i pulled out all teh plugs, soaked them in gas, cleaned them, and put them back in, and she came right to life when i turned the key. Damn cheap accel header plugs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts