S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 96 ext cab s-10 with a 2.2. if i take the middle leaf out of the pack, how much lower will the ass end sit? anyone know? if i can get 3 inches, ill just do that. thaks, lata

Dave

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
im pretty sure that you will still need to put a blobk in there to lower the ass end

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hrumph! i dont want to spend any money. i want to get it lower for free so i can sell it. i think it would lower it, because its the same thing as cutting the spring; youre reducing the amount of weight the spring can handle, so itll sit lower, no?? anybody else?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Just throw a few sand bags in the back... It'll look lower to the people that want to buy it, then when they figure out that they've been screwed, tell them it was for winter traction. :D

DogP

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha, damn smart asses... dont tell me noone has ever done this, cuz ive seen it before plenty of times. why do you think guys run monoleafs??

·
Race Cop
69 Posts
I lowered my ’87 by removing the bottom two leafs and adding a 3” block. I had to cut off the bump stop to make the truck drivable. I have know idea how much drop you will get without the block.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, hmm...i think i should just do it amd see what happens...thanks s10fan, lata

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and i wouldnt be able to use aairshocks unless i make custom mounts because i cut all that crap out when i did the bags. now that i think of it, i prolly just wont put shocks on it. heh

·
Super Moderator
20,555 Posts
1" to 1.5" for sure, I got 3" drop block if interestd, straight block

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Dave I still think you're up to something with this post.

I believe the answer to your questoin is that if you monoleaf a truck with no blocks you'll get about a 4" drop, but you're gonna have bad pinion angle. But then I'm sure you knew that, that's why I think you're up to something...

Oh ok, I see that it's old now. Well what in the heck is it doing back at the top?!
THIS IS ONE FREAKIN OLD THREAD!!!

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
NCarolinaS10 said:
Dave you're up to something aren't you?
He is not up to nothing. This post is way old and back when he 1st joined and was still learning about this stuff. Everyone has to start somewhere. Just amazing in a little over 2 years, he went from what he knew then to what he knows now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts