S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know that sprint went out of business, but i have been searching through the forum and have seen where people said another company bought them up. Are they producing the covers yet? I talked to sport truck solutions and he didnt have anyand didnt seemlike they were available, i was finally able to locate one but its painted yellow, i could get this one and then have it repainted But then i saw on the forum where others have said you have to tear it apart and separate the frame from it to paint it?

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
There's no frame to separate. It's one solid piece of fiberglass. Just mask off the outer seal or remove if it's possible. I got the black gelcoat when I got mine and it started to fade. I traded the truck before repainting it so I dont' know if the seal comes off easily or not. Otherwise just scuff it with like 600 grit wet and prime and paint it. I think someone was confusing the Sprint with the Checkmate which has an aluminum frame around it but that can still be painted as one piece.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i can see where they thought hat about the checkmate..how much did you spend on yours? i was able to find one and they quoted me $720, i hate that im gonna have to pay for the yellow painted option cuz im gonna turn around and sand it all off..but if i realy want it guess i have to go that route.

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
I think with freight mine was close to $700 back in 2000 when they were still in business.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts