S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is going to get fully painted within the month..is there anything special i should tell the painter???i have done alot of body work to it such as shaved the doors antenna cargo light body lines emblems..its also got a fiberglass hood on it..he is also going to be shaving the gas door, molding in a steel rollpan and putting on a blazer tailgate skin..its gonna be painted silver..i want it to be a nice shiny paintjob that is gonna last n not look like shit if i put it in a show.. im removing all the glass, lights,mirrors and grill..hes gonna paint inside the door jambs too b/c the truck was originally blue and the bed is originally red..its all primer now but the other guy who primed it used shitty primer cause it flakes off if i touch it...im gonna use a pressure washer to remove all the primer a couple days prior to going into the booth...so what else should i look out for and plan ahead for??

·
Mini Truckin' = Lifestyle
385 Posts
well first your really going to want to get all that crappy primer off...then depending on how ruff the body work is your going to wanna spray on some high build primer and block it all down...then use some 400 or 600 grit sandpaper on the whole truck and spray on some nice wet-on-sealer followed up with your color and plenty of clear. Main thing get all that crappy primer off.

·
Mini Truckin' = Lifestyle
385 Posts
block sand....taking a sanding block and sanding it smooth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts