S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
jER bEAR
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have two viar 450's filling two tanks, one viar to one tank, and all my valves are in my bed (moving them closer to the bags, next week) it takes a while for it to reach 120Psi, then the comps shut off. My questions are, how can i get more "play time"??? where can i mount the comps so they arent so loud???? how can i get the pressure higher???? when the front lays out, it rests on the tranny crossmember, and sits an inch higher then the back, where can i get a new crossmember???? what would it take to have this bitch hop( 1/2" everything ) ?????? sorry its confusing, just have alot of questions???

N

·
0 Posts
Ok u either need to get a 150 psi pressure switch or adjust yours so it cuts off later. U could move the compressors to under the bed so you couldn't here them as much. For the tranny crossmember holding you up u are going to have to make a new one so it sits flush with the frame. And if u want even more play time u can get a 12 gallon tank. To make it hop u could run your 1/2 inch valves but get 5/8 airline bump up the psi to 150. Or if u want to u could run nitrogen.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Sounds like you have the tanks seperate from one another. If you want it to be faster, join the 2 tanks together. That way you wont have as much of a pressure drop when you fill up. The comps are shutting off at 120 because thats what your switch is set to, get a new one or turn that one up. Just putting it at 150 instead of 120 will get you more play time. I dont know where you have them mounted now so I cant say where to put them to make them quieter. The quietest place I know of is in the bed under a bed cover. Otherwise its going to be loud. No one makes a new tranny crossmember so if you want a new one youd have to make it yourself. I doubt your truck will hop at 150, if you really want it to hop let the comps run til 190-200, then you should see some decent action. Of course running them that high is not recommended..

N

·
0 Posts
What size tanks do u have? I have 2 5 gallon tanks and at 150 psi I have quite a bit of play time. Yea also if your tanks are joined together then if I were u I would join them. Mine are joined cause I have a manafold setup for my valves. Also how many ports do u have on your tanks. If u want to hop get a tank to where u have a port for each fill valve. But really get nitrogen if u want to hop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts