S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pres. - Stole It Kustumz
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've been on here and I've done a lot of seaching but I've found no info on the KP Conversion Kit. I'd like to know how much the lower link bars have been changed. I'm guessing that they are shorter in overall length but by how much?

·
Pres. - Stole It Kustumz
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, after I posted I figured that that was the idea. Thanks AV. Hey, on another note...what is the best way to renotch a frame? We notched the frame when it was still mono leaf w/ a 4 in block (years ago, it was our first bag project). Currently, the rear of the axle/leaf spring pad catches the back of my notch/frame.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
hrmm...no easy way to do it man, could jig the frame up and grind the old notch out, or maybe cut the top cap off, insert a notch made out of 2x3 then cut the old stuff off.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
same problem here on the notch... How i fixed it
< link hit frame

< my fix

< i did move the lower bars back too,, but lengthend top ones also

dave.. since you did one like this

do you know the radius of that bend.. im trying to draw it up in soildworks.. wondering if you know

·
Pres. - Stole It Kustumz
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude, nice work. Very nice work, but I'm going to try to keep as much of the stock frame as possible. I don't think I'm up to that level of fabrication yet, especially since I haven't touched as much as a grinder in about a year and a half.

AV, thats what I've been thinking, just jig up the frame to the floor and use some diagonal bracing, cut the original out and install the new stuff in the correct place. Hey, do you know if the round SD notches are and larger that the standard 8pc notch?

·
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
1,067 Posts
dave, do you sell just the shorter bars that come with the kit, i dont need the xmember or the diff bracket ... pm me a cost with shipping (NJ- 07307) if you can ... thanks dude

1 - 9 of 9 Posts