S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the tahoe lt package or whatever and it'd be a nice truck if something didnt break every other day. first of all more than half the time i start it up it shoots a cloud of smoke which sucks for anybody at school parked around me. i had to pick up a new window motor for my passanger side because it died on me, my back windows roll down slow as hell so i'll probably have to fix them soon.

i was wondering if anyone knows or have replaced their front grill or bumper, because mine has a few cracks in it and it looks fugly and thats the thing id mostly like to fix... anybody got pictures of a 92 blazer that actually looks nice?

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is my 94!
I'm going to pull the body in December.
I plan on dipping the frame and I might add the trailmaster lift or I'll build a custom lift for it.
I just got a link to the highrider laws for Michigan and I want to max them out. (even thou it's not much)
Does it look like it needs a frame off restoration.

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
Probably not.... Most you're gonna do is sand/wirewheel down the frame and throw some rustolium on it... As long as there isn't any body rust, you really don't need to remove it... Get rid of the side molding, switch to the valance that can use OEM foglights (about 30 bux from the dealer)... If there is any underbody rust, simply die grind it out, spray some rattlecan primer on top of it, then have it rust proofed and undercoated...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here's my blazer, not really any problems with the body besides at the bottom of the passenger door and at the same place on the drivers door theres a little rust. i'd like to get it painted black again, and get rid of the grey trimmy lines on the sides because i personally dont like that different shading of grey it'd look better solid black.

as for the front and back bumpers i'd like to replace them or do something with them, i noticed yours in the front is all black what year bravada are they off of? did it fit right on or did you have to modify it?

·
Registered
403 Posts
John,
I agree with you on the two tone, I like solid color better myself.
The nice part about the 2 tone is you can fix the bottom, And you wont have to repaint the whole truck.
The only thing I dont like on your Blazer is that stupid needless front lic plate. What a waste of your tax money!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts