S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just got a 99 Noma and wants to drop it a bit, I've searched the forum a bit on it, but i still have some questions.

I know I should use Belltech Torsion Keys to drop the front. are different shocks needed? or with the stockers work? and can i get a part number for just the keys, and the best place to get them. I'm in Winnipeg if there's any local places that would be great.

and regarding the drop blocks for the rears, are they different from company to company or are they pretty much the same?

Is there a step by step guide for the keys? I can do a lot of my own work, I'm just used to working on a RWD sports car, the 4x4 truck thing is new to me.

Thanks.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
part # for the torsion keys is BEL-3922 and they are $108.39 from summitracing.com
Different brand drop shocks have different ride qualities, Toxics are stiffer than belltechs
Go here for installation directions;
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129646
and yes you will need drop shocks with them

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Yeah I had stock shocks on my 4X4 3" Drop(Stock Keys/Block on a ZR2 Suspension) and it rode like sh*t. The ride was terrible and not real safe.
I'd HIGHLY reccommend belltechs

Do those keys allow for an extra 2" of drop or so, how much farther can you go with those over the stock torsion bolt-out procedure?

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Daveman2 said:
Yeah I had stock shocks on my 4X4 3" Drop(Stock Keys/Block on a ZR2 Suspension) and it rode like sh*t. The ride was terrible and not real safe.
I'd HIGHLY reccommend belltechs

Do those keys allow for an extra 2" of drop or so, how much farther can you go with those over the stock torsion bolt-out procedure?

the belltech torsion keys allow for a 1-3" drop, which will still allow you to use 4wd in case you ever need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts