S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a '96 white s10 and i wanna take the C-H-E-V-R-O-L-E-T stickers off the tailgate and possibly the s10 badges off the cab

i've read stuff about people doing it on here but i wanted to know if where the letters were would be whiter even if i waxed it
also any tips on the best way to do it would be appreciated

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
cool, i do to man i got a 94 with that big chevrolet sticker that goes all the way across, i dont know about that one cause its on there good! but ive heard post on hear about getting the badges off, i think they said something about a heating it with a blow dryer and using fishing line or a credit card to floss it off. they said that for like two weeks the sticky stuff collected pollen and dirt on it, but after a few washes the sticky stuff went away

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
WD-40 will take the left over glue off. Spray a small area with WD-40, wait a few minutes and start rubbing the area with your finger.....kind of like rolling a snot ball around! You'll get the hang of it quick! That is unless you still pick your nose...in which case you are already an expert!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i heard about the wd40 but mostly what i'm worried about is doing the whole thing and then like still having chevrolet visible because its more white than the rest of the tailgate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts