S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys(and girls), my question is this: How many of you out there would like to have a sculpted, painted, just plain killer hot rod style dash in your truck? I built the one below for a Ranger at a shop I worked for a few years back(The pic is from when it was in sprot truck). How about a flowing painted console as well? What if I was to offer it in a kit form-in other words, I would offer it in a basic mini-truck size, so it could be timmed to fit your application. ( I am considering offering a Fullsize unit as well, as well as a few styles, with enough approval, I'll let you all in on the sneak peek of the drawings). To let you know, when we build a sculpted dash-and I am somewhat cheap- you are looking at around 1200-1600(and that doesnt include gages, wiring, etc)depending on different things. I think I can offer these custom dashes, in ready to trim and paint fiberglass for around 300-400 bucks, and the consoles for around 200-300- again depending on options and complexity. And these dashes wouyldnt look like the cheeso dashes you see at truck shows that guys are building from their stock s-10 dashes(as you can see from the photo). If you want the whole scoop on the truck interior, I will have to hunt up what issue of Sport Truck it was. But how bout it? While you wouldn't have a complete one off, you could still customize them to your taste, and It would be doubtful you would see a truck everywhere with the same thing...

Attachments

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
damn i remember that truck. thats badass.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
can you do one for me that bolts into a 98 s10 and uses the stock gauge cluster along with a spot for a LCD screen? and a center console like the one on the Mattel Hot Wheels truck? lemme know on if you can and what the prices would be, thanks man.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
damn good job on it. :thumbup:

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Do you do other types of custom work like that? In the sense that maybe I just wanted to change something on a door panel or the dash, but still keep it mostly stock looking? I don't live therribly far from you being in the Toledo area (at least in my opinion), and I'm looking for a shop that does custom work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts