S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, when my truck is cold...and as it gradually warms up..the tranny seems to make like this slushy rattle noise..kinda sounds like a little diesel sound, except its not like a knock. its kinda hard to describe...but after its all nice and warm it goes away. anyone know what this noise is, and if its ok? im pretty sure its done it for a while...

thanks in advance.

let me know if my noise description needs some elaboration :p

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
hey

auto or manual?:rolleyes: :D

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
whats TTT?

how many miles does your tranny have on it? You said its not like a knock---------more of a rattle noise?? Does it seem to work well other than the noise, i.e overdrive, kickdown, shifting smoothly, slowing you down when you let off the gas? What is TTT anyway? Does the noise go away at all? When did you change the filter last and theres one more Q I has, but forgot it. :confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, it kinda sounds like a little diesel engine sloshing fluid around or something(thats the best way i can think to describe) the tranny was just rebuilt, but i remember it doing it before that. everything works smootly on it, no hesitation, slipping, clunking, nothing.. the truck has about 198,000 miles on it. like i said, it goes away when its warm...i know for sure the filter was changed about 176000 when i rebuilt the engine, but they prolly changed it when it was rebuilt too (194k, i think)

TTT mean to the top..so i can get an answer:)

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I get it!! Im a dope. OK. It was just rebuilt, did they repalce the converter pump in the front of the tranny? What about the converter itself? It might be a worn out front pump.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know the convertor was replaced...i cant remember if the pump was. i know that front pump shaft was worn out, thats one thing they told me when they tore it apart...so if the pump wasnt replaced, can i make them do that if its under warranty with them?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Heck yeah I would

make them fix it if it is under warranty. Go back and have them test drive it and they should be able to tell what it is by the sound. Tell em that it was doin it before and that it still is after they fixed it. They'll have to fix it, so let them know by all means. Let me know what happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts