S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a guy at work asked me about a problem he is having. he has i think an 87 2.8 s10. he has already replaced the motor on it, Jasper Rebuilt Motor. his brother changed the heater core about 3 months ago, in the process, cracked one of the plastic tubes for the heating ducts. about a month ago, my co-worker went back in, to fix the ductwork. now here is the problem. the dampers won't work, the air is always coming out at the windshield.

any clue what is wrong??

·
14,970 Posts
There is a vacum hose behind the distributer that feeds some of the heater functions. Check it, might have got bumped when putting in the new motor.

·
life begins @ 20 psi
669 Posts
Ditto the vacuum leak, one quick way to find out if you have a leak somewhere is to pull off one of the lines that goes into the vacuum reservoir (the black plastic ball deal with the lines going into it). Start the truck, run it for a few seconds then turn it off. If you pull one of the lines off and you don't hear air rush into it, you have a massive vacuum leak somewhere. Be carefull pulling the line off as the plastic nipples on the reservoir can be brittle. HTH.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts