S-10 Forum banner

question

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Greg Groves 
#1 ·
on my s-10's air intake, i have that big plastic hose that runs up and attaches near the headlight, you know..it has that rectangular opening on it, and just by looking at it i would think that it would be very restrictive...would there be any harm in me removing that piece, and just leave the big hole leading into the air cleaner? would it help me out in any way performance wise? my truck is completely stock.

#3 ·
Although I do agree with rick on the idea of increasing your cold air ratio for the intake, however, i used K&N Filter for a very long time until i discovered the S&B Filters. They don't have oil to restrict the air flow. Check them out, you might like them. Any performanec shop should be able to get them.

#4 ·
I dont know what these new filters are for, or how there suppose to work, but the oil used in a K&N filter doenst restict flow it is more like a magnet to capture dirt particles. I'd be a little leary of using and open element filter similar to a K&N without the oil.

#5 ·
S&B doesnt use an oil... ir uses a non oil based spray. allows more air flow. Any filter will stop dirt and other things. The Oil in a K&N Filter hold a chemical that the intake breaths to give you that "hp increase". S&B Does the same thing, just in my opinion, better.

#6 ·
You CAN NOT remove the tubing from the airbox to the TB intake. Doing so would take away the purpose of the IAT module, and The MAF sensor. These sensors work in conjunction with your truck's computer to tell it how much air it is taking in and what temperature the air is when entering the engine. This data allows the computer to add/subtract fuel as needed for your engine to run properly.

Greg Groves:bah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.