S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Here's the deal.......Tomorrow i'm getting my exhaust redone. The dude that's doing it is weldin up some 2.5 pipe, no cat. 150 for parts and labor and I have to buy the muffler. My only option at last minute is the Dynomax super turbo. I've heard it on a 4 banger, sounds like shit. I have a 6 cyl........what should I tell the dude to do for best sound?

·
I'm soo high right now
420 Posts
I have that on 2.8, 2.5" tubing mandrel bent , and no cat. It sounds good but I could go for louder, though the Super turbos arent suppose to even be loud. ANd actually I havent ever heard mine on the road out of the truck so I dont know about that.

·
no more S10
17,422 Posts
I've got one. I used to have a gutted cat, but the laws changed round here and I had to get a new one, but it still sounds good. If you're going with 2.5 inch pipe, that's good, but no cat converter will help it a bunch. Yeah, Dynomax Super Turbo's rock!

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The ultra flo I was checking into....I went today, dude wasn't even there! Prick...but anyways, I was going to have him run the pipe and put on my stock muffler until I found the sound I was going for........Plus the ultra flo around here is 30 bucks more....age old saying, you get what you pay for I guess. I was thinking if I had the cat cut off which I was going to get done, eventually it would shoot out black smoke like my blazer did. Plus the rattling cat is annoying. Thanx for the replies. Plus, I think im just going to wait til next summer because my trucks going to be parked in the garage for the winter. That's when I "plan" on shaving some shit up and getting it ready for paint. Hopefully I will find the front end I want before next summer. Iv'e heard that cutting the cat off also kills the torque ? When I put the shit on, I at least want it to be worth it without losing anything. Even with the drop in k&n, I can chirp second "sometimes". I just want a good exhaust., yea headers and all that mess will come later when I drop in a new engine. I don't think it's worth putting everything on an engine with 130 g's on the clock, still runs tough though.....I take care of things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts