S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
92 Longbed
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i talked to SD and they said that an AZ with 2-5 gl tanks would be perfect, any one have this set up or something remotly close.

·
Registered
917 Posts
What the hell are you going to do with 2 gallons of air? Make some ballon dogs for a birthday party, you will hate life if you get anything smaller than a 5 gallon tank. A lot of people have a 5 gal skinny with an AZ, and I have not seen one reported problem yet. Should work well for you :tup:

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
longest13 said:
i talked to SD and they said that an AZ with 2-5 gl tanks would be perfect, any one have this set up or something remotly close.
damn, well your be straight with the 5 but like s10 said, your gonna be pissed with anything 5 gal or less. I know of two people running there's to an 8 gal. tanks and no problems what so ever.

·
Credit Bush
1,640 Posts
Hey guys, I think he's saying (2) as a quantity amount, and (5) as in gallon tank, meaning he's saying an AZ comp. with a total of 10 gallons of air (2 tanks 5 gallons each) would be perfect.. blah blah. It'll work, yes, but you won't be getting a ton of play time. (2) AZ comp. for each tank would be much more fun.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
shine001 on here is running his az on two slim and skinny five's. fills them up 145-175 in like 3 minutes

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
NeverEnough188 said:
shine001 on here is running his az on two slim and skinny five's. fills them up 145-175 in like 3 minutes
I know a dude that's runnin 4 AZ's to 2 5 gal. tanks, fills it in like 1 min. something.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
3 min 44 sec 165-200PSI on 10 gal of air one AZ

·
Registered
917 Posts
JohnnyT said:
Hey guys, I think he's saying (2) as a quantity amount, and (5) as in gallon tank, .

Ohhhh, I musta been pretty wasted to miss that last night. I wouldn't recomend doing 10 gal on any one compressor (except maybe the new oasis or something). Plus I never like having just one mean of filling up a tank. What do you do WHEN something breaks. If your gonna be laying frame you will definetly need to save up and run two compressor, because if you only have one and it fails your screwed. If your not layin, then you can sure start with one AZ, it may hate you for asking it to fill 10 gallons, but hey thats why they are rebuildable, right? Hope it works out well for you. Good luck :tup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
lohenslohe said:
I know a dude that's runnin 4 AZ's to 2 5 gal. tanks, fills it in like 1 min. something.

Well tell him to line up his air filters to calm down my ocd! That looks pretty sick man, keep it up.

·
Credit Bush
1,640 Posts
s10nospeed said:
Ohhhh, I musta been pretty wasted to miss that last night. I wouldn't recomend doing 10 gal on any one compressor (except maybe the new oasis or something). Plus I never like having just one mean of filling up a tank. What do you do WHEN something breaks. If your gonna be laying frame you will definetly need to save up and run two compressor, because if you only have one and it fails your screwed. If your not layin, then you can sure start with one AZ, it may hate you for asking it to fill 10 gallons, but hey thats why they are rebuildable, right? Hope it works out well for you. Good luck :tup:
Good call, which is why I'm gonna run (2) 5 gal. tanks with 2 comps. Lots more play time than having one comp fill 10 gallons of air.

edit: as long as we're on the subject. I was planning on running (2) Viair 460's with my (2) 5 gal. tanks. Now, here's the question: Is it really worth the extra $200 for AZ comp's instead of Viair's 460s? I know 460s are 150psi, and AZ's are 200psi, but has anyone had both and can tell me an unbiased opinion on if it's really worth $200 more?

·
92 Longbed
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry about the delay guys thanks for the info i can see why you guys got my numbers mixed up, johnnyT got it right 2 tanks 5 gallons each one AZ but i am going to go ahead and man up and get one or two more one for sure.

·
Day Dreamin
2,608 Posts
ok this is a OLD ass thread BUT I figured it's about tanks in here to. SO will a 5 gal. skinny fit in a 1st gen blazer fine?

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
ya man this thread is from the basement. i kno nothing on blazers but i dont see why not. in the cab or underneath. im sure your answer lies somewhere in here and not in a 3yr old thread

1 - 17 of 17 Posts