S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
SHENANIGANS!!!
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I'm gonna throw it all out there so please don't dog on me.

I pay the ex-wife 1300 a month. My child support is set at $520 for one kid, I volunteer to pay the rest. I do this because I promised I would help her finish school. This not only help her but it sets up a good future for my son, who is with her most the time.

Now I will be done paying this in February of next year at which time it goes down to just the child support. It has sucked severely and I can't wait to have money again and be able to pay my bills.

But now her graduation date has been extended a semester because the college she transferred to dicked her on some credits. She has asked that I pay an additional 80 bucks a month for that time to help her out. We are on rough but good terms.

Am I a dick to say no? I've been paying this for about 2 years now and to be honest I'm fukking tired of being broke. I didn't go to any shows this year, it's been a LONG time since I've done anything to the truck and now I am remarried and just want to move on and start a new life.

Input?

·
how low can you go
2,745 Posts
if i was u i would prolly tell her that i cant afford to keep supporting her college anymore and that it is hurting ur bill paying. if she needs some extra money tell her to go get a loan and maybe help her cosign it or something along those lines. but i dont think u would be a dickhead if u stopped paying for her college.

·
32,797 Posts
From $1300 to $600 or is the $80 added to the $1300?

If it's the first one, since you've been beening $1300 for so long, now paying the $600, you won't even notice the extra $80 you added. And it's just for a semester anyways.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
yeah i would pay the extra 80 to make it a clean 600 a month for 1 more semester.

·
32,797 Posts
neither do you

(sp)

:rolleyes:
Wow, a typo. Yet a intelligent person can read as it was meant, you must not be one.

Plus, funny how you try to flame about spelling when your post lacks any punctuation or the proper use of capitalized letters. Which somewhat goes along with the above comment about intelligence.:haha:

·
****head
3,850 Posts
Wow, a typo. Yet a intelligent person can read as it was meant, you must not be one.

Plus, funny how you try to flame about spelling when your post lacks any punctuation or the proper use of capitalized letters. Which somewhat goes along with the above comment about intelligence.:haha:

Who cares?

------------------

Back to the real topic....

I understand wanting to be done with paying the extra man, but if its $600 instead of $1380, you're still paying a LOT less than you did. I'm very impressed you've been paying about 2.5 times the required amount so your child will have it better. That's crazy so whatever you decide I hope it goes well for you lol.

·
no more S10
17,422 Posts
I think either go ahead and pay the $80 a month or maybe come to an agreement with her to pay somewhere between $40 and $60. You know, like meeting in the middle between nothing and the $80 she wants. Either way, I'd probably just say in the end... pay it. It's easier to be out a little more cash for a very short period of time than start a whole bunch of shit. Esp since, like you said, you're just trying to move on and start over. This will keep things cleaner and easier for you to get on with life.

·
Registered
12,216 Posts
I'm with the rest. You're used to paying 1300 a month right now. Just to avoid any problems, I'd go ahead and pay 600 a month. As long as it's a short term. Also hope all of it's documented that you're paying way over, that way if she tries to bite you in the ass, you're covered.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Personally i would put things in writing to cover yourself long term. A friend of mine went through this with out keeping track of extra money and lost his ass in the end. If things go south between the two of you and she wants more though the courts you can present the info to the judge and save yourself. I knoww its for the best but when money plays an issue in a relationship everything goes out the window. Just write out that you gave her so much over what you are required and you will do so for a certain period of time.

I'm a dad to (married though) and if it meant a better life for my son and I could help a little I would do what your doing also. But in these sue happy times it never hurts to protect yourself.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
yeah if its gonna be $600 instead of $1380 then do it but only if shes being a non-bitch about it (asking not demanding)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts