S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know if i can use an over the axle bracket thats made for a 244c/255 bag with a f9000? I think that im gonna go with an air over leaf setup, with f9's on the axel.....

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
if you're talking about the 224c (2600) then yes you can use the same brackets. just remember that the 224c has a min. height of 3" and the F9000's have a min. height of 4.5"

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reason being, i heard that they 1. ride better than the 224\255c bags, and 2. they get more lift. only downside i heard was that you need something to limit them, and since im going (for now) with an air over leaf, and these will be on the axle, i will be keeping my drop shocks in there current location(stock) and that will limit them. does this sound about right?

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
i've had F9000's and 224c's over the axle and the difference is night and day. the F9's ride ALOT better (not even close). the F9's and no shocks rode better than the 224c's with shocks. they lift ALOT more too. i got around 8 or 9 inches of lift. you will definately need something to keep them from overextending. just make sure your shocks max out before your bags do

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet, im definatly loving the positive feedback....

sorry for this dumb Q but how do i do that, take off my shock and measure the how far it will extend?? its a drop shock, not sure what kind, i picked up a used lowering "kit" from a local who got out of the sport, belltech 2" spindles, belltech 3" leaves, belltech 2" coils, and belltech 2" angled blocks, and then 4 shocks....like i said though, i dont know the manf...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts