S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Old School Member
12,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys id like to change my column over to a tilt column

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2446738325&category=33704

heres what i found on ebay.. its bare and simple.. really want i want.. but my question is... could i just swap this right into my truck with no problems i figure i can since its from a 99 jimmy... and how big of a job would this be? would it just bolt right up... i didnt know what kinda job i'd be getting myself into on this so i thought id ask

thanks in advance guys:racing:

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Ive heard its a pain, im wanting to add tilt to my truck...

·
364 Lq9 in the works..
1,083 Posts
BUMP THIS TO THE TOP

im also wanting to know 2 i might do a swap myself no tilt sucks especially when u have to remove your dash

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
id love to add info but im with u guys my problem is i have a 94 with a round column not a square one and all the ones i see for new trucks are sqaure so would i be able to jsut use a first gen one...other wise i would have to change my dash bezel gauges and colum...all to fit with one another...if not maybe the lower dash also...

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's not to bad, there is only 4 bolts holding your steering column in and one wiring harness. You have to take yours out and swap your ingnition with the old one and then put the new tilt wheel in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, it's not to difficult. The hardest part is getting the plastic covers back on. Sometimes they can be a pain! I don't think your covers will fit the tilt column tho. Better find one more complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts