S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year Taurus are you getting them from and what engine size? Thanks I have suddenly gotten a connection at a local junkyard, and was hoping to go get one here soon!

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
2kwik4u said:
What year Taurus are you getting them from and what engine size? Thanks I have suddenly gotten a connection at a local junkyard, and was hoping to go get one here soon!
I got mine from a mid 90's sable station wagon with a 3.8l. Unfortunately it is only a 1 speed fan but I can live with it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I think the 90-95 will fit over the radiator perfectly and make sure its from a 3.8 with air. Those have 2 speed fans. I think Ford went to dual fans in 96 with the change over to R134. Crown Vics and Marquis have nice fans too but probably too big. I had to do alot of work to get my Mustang fan to fit but it was worth it.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
thats wierd. the car i pulled this fan outta had a/c... maybe it was older than i thot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Does it have 3 connectors? I think they are in a triangle shape.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
no only 2. it is identical to the one sten thunderxteme posted in the other fan thread.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok then

VegasGMC said:
I think the 90-95 will fit over the radiator perfectly and make sure its from a 3.8 with air. Those have 2 speed fans. I think Ford went to dual fans in 96 with the change over to R134. Crown Vics and Marquis have nice fans too but probably too big. I had to do alot of work to get my Mustang fan to fit but it was worth it.
What kind of work am I looking at doing to get it installed? I fiugre a little wiring maybe a little cutting? Can ya hekp a brother out?

Thanks

Mike D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had to do alot of work because my Mustang fan has 18" blades, the whole thing is about 20" in diameter. I kept the upper shroud off and cut the center section out of the lower one. I also had to cut some brackets off the fan. The Taurus fan has 16" blades so it fits over the radiator just fine.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well....

What about mounting and that sort of thing? What are you using to attach the fan to the radiator? Is is screweed to something or did you jsut go wild with the ZIP ties?

Also how much should I look to pay for a taurus fan????

Sorry for so many questions but I am really reasearching this hard to make sure I don't buy anything extra or unnecessary and also don't forget to get soemthing before I get started.

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
you shouldn't have to mod the taurs fan much at all to get it installed. I have done two so far. The one was a dual speed, and mine is a single. The dual, all we had to do was cut a little plastic loop off the shroud, set it in the lower shroud, then put some self tapping sheet metal screws through the taurus shroud and into the aluminum stiffening rib of the radiator. Then run your wires and sandwich it w/ the upper shroud.

Mine is an old single speed, I had to offset the fan since the motor is so long in it. I took a jig saw and cut about 2 in one side of the shroud, then installed it and put three self tapping screws in. The motor is sitting about an inch from the side of the water pump pulley now.

I would recommend some type of weather stripping between the shroud and the rad to keep it from rubbing into the tubes.

I have to pull my rad sometime this week, I may take pics. Battery acid is eating through plastic tank on driver's side and it's leaking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts