S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have 3 switches mounted on my dash for my front left and front right and to pancake.I have had a avs 9 switchbox since xmas that I have been wanting to install.On the power portion of the box should i just run a wire to the battery so there is a constant source of power?Also do i need to fuse that wire?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
phatasssdime said:
Right now I have 3 switches mounted on my dash for my front left and front right and to pancake.I have had a avs 9 switchbox since xmas that I have been wanting to install.On the power portion of the box should i just run a wire to the battery so there is a constant source of power?Also do i need to fuse that wire?
i ran it into the constant power wire on my radio harness, some guys disagree with that because if your stereo gets stolen or something like that, your without switchbox power

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt think the HU got a constant power though? Wouldnt if it you ran it to that remote wire that when the truck is off the bags wouldnt work?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have my AVC-9 box to constant power, you don't want to stick the key to play or dump the vehicle. Just look for a constant under the dash.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
phatasssdime said:
I didnt think the HU got a constant power though? Wouldnt if it you ran it to that remote wire that when the truck is off the bags wouldnt work?
the HU does have a constant, mine is running off of it and i dont know what "remote wire" your talking about is

·
Registered
917 Posts
aww man. Ok, the constant power stereo wire is yellow, and the ignition switched power is red. Both of which are 15amps I believe. maybe the ign is 10, I can't remember.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got it hooked to my remote wire on my amp and the bags only work if the ignition is on.I need to find a constant power source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts