S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the load presented to the head unit in the front stage? assuming 4 ohms...? I dont know..

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so how the shit are they wired to the head unit?.. keep in mind the blazer.. rear 6x9's..

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMNW2003 said:
uhh 4 channels and 4 speakers...
dash, doors, rear 6x9's...

I just curious about the ohm loads on the head unit right now.. ifits 10 ohm and 8 ohm.. is there a resiston in the line for the 8 ohm and then those are run in paralell to get 5 ohms?

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
I just ripped the stock speakers out of my 1991 blazer, the front 4x6 speakers are 10 ohms, and my rear speakers were 4 ohms each.

Freakin paper cone POS's, glad I got rid of them.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Hmm.....

I wonder why GM changes it from vehicle to vehicle. Why not just keep it the same?

My '95 Monte Carlo had 4ohm speakers for 5.25" in the front and 6x9's in the back.....

This news saddens me. I was going to put my JVC mp3 deck in with the stock speakers for my trip to CO this week. :(

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
Oh i know ya can......

I just didnt want it to be like Bose and freak out when a different h/u or amp is installed.......

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SMNW2003 said:
Well..when you use the fade does it fade to the front does it fade to the dash and doors or just dash?
i dunno i cant hear the pos doors anyways... and it sounds dash since path differances

·
Insert catchy saying here
1,311 Posts
I dunno whut they did, but the stock speakers in my 03 are pretty nice.... I swapped the head unit out in the first week I had the truck and was waiting for the paper speakers to fall apart. To my surprise, they sound better now and haven't heard any complaints from them(cracking or popping and the like...) And I'm fairly pleased with the quality of sound as well.... I know it doesn't have much to do with the conversation, just thought I'd share!

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
Depends on what song in playing, but my stock spearkers crack and pop like Rice Crispies. 1996 S-10 Kenwood KDC-459 H/U.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just replaced my stock speakers in the 97 extended cab today and the doors were 4 ohm and the rear 4x10's were 10 ohm.
Sounds hella better.
Am planning on making 2 boxes tomorrow for my 8 in Kicker subs that are going under the jump seats. I don't like to advertise as it gets gone in a hurry round here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts