S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already have the front of my truck dropped 2 inches and i have the back dropped 3 inches. i want to do a 4-4 drop, i think. first question was if anyone had pics of a 4-4 drop. the second is, in addition to the spindle, is there any other mods i have to do to get the front down?

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Springs, back needs shocks and leaf springs.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the springs up front, and i got lowered leafs in the back already, and toxic shocks all around. in addition to this stuff, anything else i need? no cutting or anything, right?

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
to change the subject

my friend told me my tires would rub with the drop. if anyone could help me out here, id apprectiate it. my tires are 205/65/15.
i think he is wrong, but i want some more opinions.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx. i pointed out to him that yours was slammed with 18's. mine is going to be slightly lower than before with 15's and that i think ill be good, but you know how some people are....

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
98 ss on nos, u r prolly tired of answering my questions....

one last question that i can think of. i want to get as much info as i can before i spend all this money. with a 4/4 drop, do i have any immediate worries of important stuff scrapin underneath? like vital parts?

dante

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
with a 4 4 drop especially on a 4 cyl you will be fine. the cross member doesnt go down

here is a 4 5 drop on a buddys truck i did
www.geocities.com/froilans98s10

thats all belltech and in rear took off teh bumpstop brackets
you will have a lot of rake with a 4 4 drop

what id do is go with a 4 5 drop butt... go with 15x7 rallys front 4 inch bs and 225 60 15 rear 15x8 rallys and 295 50 15 will look good and hook

here is another truck i did 4 5
www.geocities.com/rods00s10
tires on that is 225 60 15 and 255 60 15 rear

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they were cheap, and compared to the older shot stock shocks(wow, say that 5 times fast) they are a lot better. cant compare them to any other ones though cuz i never had anything else.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NICE

nice! thanx for posting a pics of a 4/4. i helps when there is a visual aid.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts