S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the HELL do you get the wax off of the plastic parts? Im talking like wiper nozzles, wiper cowl, the steps. Im even having trouble getting it off of the handles, being that they are textured. Any ideas???

·
Gingerbread Man
57 Posts
Look around at the auto parts stores. Stuff called back to black. The stuff is awesome. Just rub it on, and wipe it off.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the easiest way is to just not put it on there to begin with, try a toothbrush if ya do get it on there

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
2tone10 said:
Look around at the auto parts stores. Stuff called back to black. The stuff is awesome. Just rub it on, and wipe it off.:thumbup:
i've tried that stuff...it looks good for a bit..but just like tire shine, it wears off...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Try using Peanut Butter. I know it sounds stupid but leave it on there for a couple of minutes and then take it off. Works like a charm.

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
y2kblkxtreme said:
the easiest way is to just not put it on there to begin with, try a toothbrush if ya do get it on there
i'm with y2k on this....get a cup of warm water and a toothbrush and just brush it off

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use a rag that has a small amount of ordinary paint thinner on it. Then I wipe the handles or area I want the wax off with it. After a good wiping I wash it down with soapy water to get rid of any paint thinner residue.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Zac said:
I use a rag that has a small amount of ordinary paint thinner on it. Then I wipe the handles or area I want the wax off with it. After a good wiping I wash it down with soapy water to get rid of any paint thinner residue.
he he he then you have to wash the area again and wax and then you'll be back to square one. hhe he he he:p

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't wash the whole side of the truck down. I only use the soapy water on the area I used the paint thinner on.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
best way i found to get that crap off

is to use black magic...the greasy tire wet crap called black magic will get that wax right off.....i dunno why but i discovered this one day when i was detailing my truck and i thought if i put a lil tire wet on the plastic and metal it would make the truck look bling bling.....so when i did it i found it got the wax off the part where i messed up when waxing.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts