S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i havnt gotten it yet, but i think i will in the very near future. 'it' is a 98 2wd sonoma, reg cab and bed with the 4.3/auto. as an avid drag racer.. i got a few q's first :D what i need from all your people who know ur stuff, is some numbers. take this truck, throw mach's basic intercooled ATI 'charger kit on it, with some headers, 2 1/2 custom y-pipe, into a 3" hi-flow cat, and 3" deltaflow (flomaster), with turn down. for the tranny... a vigilante converter (2800 or so), tci shift kit, and tranny cooler. rear end with a streetable locker/tight posi and 3.42 gears. all this being out to the ground through some mickeys. and i know the rear will hold with some minor mods as my buddy is running a 99 z28 that pulls the wheels and goes 10's (all motor too :uhoh: ) and one last mod to the truck would be hppIII. what options do u suggest doing on it with these mods? WHAT WILL THIS TRUCK RUN IN THE 1/4 WITH THESE MODS?? also what headers would be best suited for this application? i have always run cars with carbed sbc's... this is my first injected 4.3 :) appreciate all the help with this list of LONG q's. thanks again
TEX

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone feel like helping me out? it would be much appreciated....
TEX

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Here's one possibilaty .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks dave... can u give me a website or a detailed description of what u have done to your truck? sounds like a sweet ride :) running mid 13's is hauling for a pick-up :thumbup:
TEX

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
No site. Sig. pretty much says it. Any specific Q's?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Syclone Dave

Don't take this the wrong way but why is your MPH so low in the
1/4 mi? I ran a 13.98 @ 101mph with my Buick GN when it was
stock:rolleyes: Just curious:confused:

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Im guessing traction problems. Depends on the car. You have a turbo buick and they are boats off the launch, but once the turbo spools up, they will pull wicked ass track times and trap speeds.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Re: Syclone Dave

Wicked X said:
Don't take this the wrong way but why is your MPH so low in the
1/4 mi? I ran a 13.98 @ 101mph with my Buick GN when it was
stock:rolleyes: Just curious:confused:
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR !

Yes there was traction probs. But the major issue that the FMU is flooding out the motor after about 4K. So HP is down about 50. Also I still have about 5 lbs of back pressure to relieve. I'm looking for a (used) low cost wastegate to install before the cat. Anyone ...Buhler ??
Then it's back to the dyno for tuning with my new enrichment computer, so as to have a correct mixture through out all RPM :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:)

thanks dave... :)

what stall does anyone suggest for soemthing that will see some city/ hwy driving? i have a 3000 JW in my camaro now and i love it! i know they say u shouldnt run that much on the street but i have had that way for 2 years and it doesnt bother me at all. but it also is an old school th350 tranny :D is the 4l60e that much different? also, they have lockup correct so hwy driving is still good, right?

and on the hypertech power programmer... what 'options' should i do? i know i am going to change my shift points and things like that, but should i do the engine 'hop-up' program with a blower & headers? what exacaly should i reprogram and not reprogram? i know whatever i do with this hpp it will still run ok... but i want it to perform the best it can :) this truck will have some big shoes to fill left from the 'maro :p

TEX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts