S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
WhackdOutGemini
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm re doing my blowthrough this winter and I have a question. I wired three 4 ohm 12's in parallel because that's what was reccomended for the correct load. I'm in the market for a new amp. Right now I have a old alpine v12 which at the time I bought it they told me it was a 250 watt amp. I looked it up a year later and the model was rated for 100 watts x1 the subs are only pushing 250 watts rms, 500 max each. The question is what wattage amp should I look for that would almost max out the wattage for all three subs together with my wiring scheme and ohm stability? Because right now it's 1.34 stable. SO do I look for a 1,000 watt amp at 1.33-34 stable? Might be a stupid question, but I have to know so I don't phuck up. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
411 Posts
amp you are looking for will need to be 1 ohm mono stable...these are pretty common now days. you might want to look for an that does say 1100 or 1200 watts at 1 ohm...now since it will actually SEE 1.33 ohms it will not be getting that full 1100 or 1200 watt...instead might get right at a 1000 give or take a few watts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts