S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you running an auto tranny,did you use the column shifter or a floor shifter ? I`m using the column shifter in mine now,but I`d like to go to the floor shifter and was wondering which one everyone uses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a center console out of a Ty and used the shifter in that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Floor Shifter

I am using a Hurst Promatic ratchet shifter. It is lots of fun. Since this picture I have installed a T handle which is a little more comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
shifter possibilities

Although I'm using a dual gate and 700r4,the camaro console is a nice change.I had a 350 turbo in last year with a quick silver shifter from b&m.They are great!

Attachments

·
355 says, Ford SV What????
30 Posts
I have a florr shifter, out of an older Camaro i believe....

Brian

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I am in the process of putting a V8 auto in my 86 s10. I want to use the colum shifter...but my truck was a 5speed truck...So I need a different colum... :idea:

Any of you guys wanna trade colums? Mine is black and does not have tilt or cruise.: let me know...

·
GottaWireTheDamn.350.Up
257 Posts
i just ordered a lokar shifter, i hope that thing gonna look good and work alright..
gonna put a 350 in with a 700R4...
i got a blazer that i´m partin out, so first i thught about puttin the other column in, cause mine was a 4banger before, but i decided to use a floorshifter...

Chris

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
Re: shifter possibilities

Although I'm using a dual gate and 700r4,the camaro console is a nice change.I had a 350 turbo in last year with a quick silver shifter from b&m.They are great!
what color is that dash?I know its tan,but is it a factory color or did you paint it or dye it?looks good

1 - 20 of 24 Posts