S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a couple of questions regarding relocating front shocks:

1. I have searched the forum and can't find any pictures of how and where the front shocks should be relocated. I have the shock relocator kit and the directions don't show a very good picture at all! I will be using 3-5" drop shocks (Beltech monotube nitro-active)

2. Since I just got my S-10 bagged, should I get a front alighnment now or wait until I get the front shocks mounted?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
get it aligned now if your gonna be driving it.

the shock goes behind the control arm..the relocator is welded to the frame, and the bottom is bolted to the lower control arm.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
both. You need to make sure you can cycle the whole suspension through out the motion of the shock. Idealy, you want to install it with the suspension fully compressed and leave about a 1/4-1/2" before the shock bottoms out.

N

·
0 Posts
neverfinished94 said:
how do you install it with the suspension fully compressed? take my wheel off, let the air out the bag, jack up the lower control arm ???? i dont know
Yep

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Or just put the truck on jackstands, and jack up the tire/control arm till it won't go up anymore. No need to take the tire off too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts