S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Xtreme wheels for my 1st gen. While installing then i noticed that the front ones sit out further than the rear ones Is this normal. If it is, is there any way i can make them sit flush with the rear. Thanks in advance.

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All these well informed S-Series people and no one can answer this question. Dam

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
did you have to make the hole in the middle bigger to fit it?
If not that may be why and if you did mabye it's not big enough.
Is the rim pushed on all the way to the rotor?

if that is fine then I dunno, but you can't make a rim sit farther under a truck without shortening somthing. In this case it would be the controll arm's.

only thing I could think of.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Red 2.8 said:
I bought a set of Xtreme wheels for my 1st gen. While installing then i noticed that the front ones sit out further than the rear ones Is this normal. If it is, is there any way i can make them sit flush with the rear. Thanks in advance.
if you have dropped spindles wont the front tire stick out further
than the back ? especialy if the rims have the same backspace
front and rear.

·
Registered
726 Posts
yea S-trucks have a wider track front to rear to begin with but when stock its not very noticable
but when you add drop spindles it pushes the front tires out an additional 1/4 to 1/2 inch and then it becomes alot more noticeable
if you are running the same size tires and the same backspacing it will be even more noticable
the easiest fix is to buy aftermarket wheels and get different backspacing to accomodate it or buy wheels spacers to fix it

·
i like caffeine
207 Posts
are you sure the tire is rim is sitting flush on the brake rotor? i bought some zq8s for my truck and i have to get the center machined out a little bit because there is a slight lip that is in the middle of the rim. MAKE SURE THE WHOLE LUG NUT GOES THRU THE RIM, if it doesnt you either need to take a dremel to the inside lip or send it off to a shop to get it machined out. good luck. pm me with any other quesitons.

kevin

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
yea what astro said, i got some extremes for my 95 s10, 82-93 hubs are large, 94-97 are smaller, and 98+ are even smaller. extreme rims only came on 98+. i didnt know this and when i run the lugnuts down on my front rims...they were permanetly pressed on!! i took a while to figure out how to get them off, we had to basically make a tool that would pull the rim evenly from all side and "press" it off. Please bore out the inside of the rim with a dremel...or something else, just make that hole bigger, make sure that you an even get the wheel off. i didnt know until i had a belt showing on my tires and needed them replaced...

....just a big pain in the as$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts