S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i've heard so much great stuff about the new air aenith's and i'm thinking about buying 1 since my compressors just ran out.. i'm only running 7 gallons and i'm in need of a compressor but someone i was talking to swore up and down he got 3 bad air zeniths and they were pieces or shit.. This is the only person out of alot that have complained so i figured i'd ask if anyone else has had any problems??

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
if it was a while ago, your friend's comps could have been part of the bad batch that i've heard about.

the only thing you might want to do is get a bigger relay than the 40 amp. i hear some people are blowing those 40s because the AZ peaks over it. get a stinger sr-80 instead

also check out the "air zenith facts and info" thread for all info if you haven't already.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aight.. yeah i've checked them out.. it's been a while since he had.. thanks.. and another question is, that i have a slow leak in my front bags.. my back bags will stay the same forever and the front ones slowy leak along with my thank. they leak down with each other.. would that probably be my valve have something in it so it didn't close all the way?

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
I jsut bought one, but didn't instal it yet. I'm paling on using my old compressor as back up though. I know two people have have had badluck with them but they were both perchased around christmas time, and The both ran the shit out of them, thinking that they were bullet proof or something.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
JohnH said:
if it was a while ago, your friend's comps could have been part of the bad batch that i've heard about.

the only thing you might want to do is get a bigger relay than the 40 amp. i hear some people are blowing those 40s because the AZ peaks over it. get a stinger sr-80 instead

also check out the "air zenith facts and info" thread for all info if you haven't already.
Definetly get bigger than a 40 amp, the AZ hits 40 amps quite often, maybe 50-60 should do it if you dont go with a stinger.

Also you are unable to use a 30/40 amp relay, the ones SD.com sells, for the same reason. I had one but blew it and now i go without a relay just "paralleled" the connections on the square D pressure switch and it does fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts