S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to pick up another blazer this week and i wanted to redo the 4 link on it because the bars look like twigs.i was looking into that can do bolt on 4 link.has anyone on here used one or using one now.if so how good is it and is it worth the money for it.id just like some input before i spend almost 700 bucks on it thanks guys any pics of it installed would be nice i got some from can do but they werent that good of pics

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Going off the 2 door i worked on, it is only going to lay out on small wheels. Anything with a notch rear tub job will require the kit ot be modified. Why? because this kit uses the stock cross member to mount the upper bars. The two door that I did required a completely modified cross member for add drive shaft clearance when laying frame on 20" wheels. if you want to lay on anything larger than a 25" tire, don't go with this kit.

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,984 Posts
Agreed, I looked into the kit when I was gathering ideas for my truck. it's not designed for a decent sized wheels.

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
get this.

http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/scrapr-bl8294x2.htm

$1699 plus shipping, comes with bags, and shocks, hardware etc.

lays 22's, fully bolt on.

backseat is possible, but will take a big amount of modification.

AIM haters stfu.

I am possibly buying this kit to lay my rear out, im tired of having a laid out front end and mono'd rear. :haha:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Wow that blazer kit looks good. I wonder if anyone on here has used it

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
I will be using it.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I saw the stfu but haven't you heard bout ppl ordering and not receiving shit

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
I saw the stfu but haven't you heard bout ppl ordering and not receiving shit
haha, it was kinda a joke anyhow.

aim bangwagoners piss me off. along with any forum bandwagons..

anyhow, shit man, they have treated me well, and I received all my parts on time, and its been of great quality, I had my ups and downs with them. but overall Im happy, and will be a return customer.

I bagged my s10 with all their parts, and people hated and hated, but I never had any major problems, if anything stupid misunderstandings, that were taken care of.

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
I can see buying brackets, arms, and spindles.... BUT i would never buy any of their air management or bags. I owned and worked on other trucks with AIM air management and don't like it. I had a DC7000 pump almost burn my truck down. For the same price you can get the name brand air management that will last 10 fold. AIM air tanks are fine also. Kit looks decent in the picture and it would get someone that doesn't have a lot of suspesion knowledge the ability to bag their 2 DOOR BLAZER.

·
giggity
1,967 Posts
I wish you guys were around back in the day when all I was trying to get was air cylinders from them... Didn't get them from there because of all the talk. That car is long gone now so... good luck with AIM tho.................

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Yeh I'm just speaking on hear say. I've never personally bought anything from them so I can't really say anything.

·
giggity
1,967 Posts
To tell you the truth, I just want to see reviews, installation and what-not on the denominator and slam'r(?) bags. (Of course not for me because I have dominator bags) Just for informational purposes. Other than that I could care less....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the info i was going to try to lay out on atleast 20's.the truck is layed out on 18's now. i was just kinda looking for something easy to do but i have a buddy thats a certified welder and really goodso maybe me and him can come up with something to do.the main reason i wanted this blazer was that it had a backseat so i can carry my daughter with me and not have to take 2 cars to shows.ill have to pick it up and see what im working with and change somethings around.thanks

·
Audi Tech
2,487 Posts
The more I look at the airbagit kit, the more I don't like it. I can't see it keeping the rear seat at all. I also don't care for the use of heim joints. To the original poster, the links in the blazer you're getting may be fine although skinny. There have been companies through out the years using a thinner bar with no issues. As long as the joints are quality and the mounting points done right, you may want to just get used to the truck. Fix any other issues before trying to find replacement bars.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea thats what ill probally do im just used to the big bars they just seem more reliable but im sure the skinny bars might be just as good

1 - 20 of 30 Posts