S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see posts of SS S-10's. Is this a factory package or just custom work done to them? Do they still make them? And if so, what is special that made them SS's? I think they are sweet and am just curious about them.

·
14,970 Posts
Well I am new to the SS world but i'll give you a rundown of what I have learend.

Yes it is a factory package. The SS was produced from 1994-1998, it was replaced by the Xtreme in 99.
Basicly they were a top of the line, all options, regular cab short box. s-10. They came only with the v6 and auto tranny. In 1996 they also came equiped with the zq8 package. Also in late 96 the stepside was an option that came about. The only color's you could get them in was red,white,and black.
I don't know the production #'s off hand but there were about 5600 in 1994 and about 2000 a year after that.

Hope this helps you out a little

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Those are some really nice trucks. I think they should have kept them around. I have never seen one around here though. Maybe since i know what they are now I will spot one. If they had one of those for 2001 it would have been a definate maybe for me. I really didn't like the Extrems (no offense) but they were just not for me.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
couple more things I found out :idea:

in 94 and i think 95 they made 200hp with a cpi fuel injected 4.3. whereas the regular 4.3 made 150 or so hp. in 96 the cpi engine was dropped and the SS and reg. s10's made around 180hp. the new Xtreme's make 185 i think.

they also came with a 3.42 locking rear-end, and before the zq8, they had heavy duty shocks and thicker front swaybars. they also had a special centercap on the wheel, and came with BFG comp t/a's. The grill was painted the color of the truck, which it wasn't on reg. s10's. and it had driving lights in a SS only valance, and special badging.

Thats all I can remember, and I'm not sure its all right :rolleyes:
cause I didn't have the $$$ to buy the book at barnes&nobles, so I tried to memorize everything i could :p lol

I'm sure someone else could give you more info about the 96+ SS's

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
The Fogs werent xclusive to the SS....the fogs were available as part of the LS package....! The Ss's had a set of requiired options. though......! 4speed auto trans 3:42 gears locking dif L35 V6 engine..... !....reg cab fleet bed til 96 then you could get the stepside.........! Red black and white for the colors........!

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
00 Blk-Xtreme said:
The Fogs werent xclusive to the SS....the fogs were available as part of the LS package....!

DOH!!!:bash:

I need to get one of those Photo-magraphic memories:p

·
14,970 Posts
00 Blk-Xtreme said:
The Fogs werent xclusive to the SS....the fogs were available as part of the LS package....! The Ss's had a set of requiired options. though......! 4speed auto trans 3:42 gears locking dif L35 V6 engine..... !....reg cab fleet bed til 96 then you could get the stepside.........! Red black and white for the colors........!
I knew you would fill in what i left out:D

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Anyone know what the option code is???

I think its B4U, but I'm not positive.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
Cool!

Just like we are at the finish line "B4U" (before you):rolleyes:

uhhhhh... ok that was stupid... but Ironic none the less:bah: lol

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
B4U......SS package
L35.......4.3 V6 Gas Cpi 90 Degree
G80......A.xle positrac......limited slip
M30......4 Spd auto overdrive transmission
ZQ8......Sport suspension....................! ! !
GU6.....Ax.le Ratio 3:42.1...!
these are some of the required
options for a SS...... 94 to 98

1 - 11 of 11 Posts